Very Strange Keyboard/Mouse prob. in CS

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Sinster, Feb 27, 2002.

1. Sinster

Sinster Moderator

When I play any HL online game such as DoD and CS. I use my keyboard to move. My mouse to aim and shoot.

Let say for example that I am straffing to the left, what happens is I continue on that path once I release the key I have bound to it. As I continue on that path I loose mouse input totally. Let me try to make this a little clearer.
    If I take my mouse and go left, right, up, and down. I get smooth movements. Now If I do the same with keyboard input. I will get smooth movements, for a few seconds but then I loose mouse inputs, I lock in one position for a second then it will move, lock then go smooth.

This has just started to happened. The only thing I can think of is I added the software for the mouse and keyboard. My mouse it an MS Intellimouse Optic and my Keyboard is MS Internet Keyboard. I ran the keyboard with XP drivers.. but then installed the software for them. I have removed the software for both. But the problem is still there. In my command line I have -noaccelmouse (This isn't the excact spelling) and another one. I not a home to post it. I just dont understand whats going on, or how to fix it. I was hoping someone here could assist me.

2. FURY

FURY Guest

turn off dirextX3d sound

run the C:\WINDOWS\system32\dxdiag.exe tool

3. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

If you have the MS Powertoys installed try removing them, its very strange sideeffect but it helped me, it was driving me nuts without my daily fix of Counter-strike had to resort to other games!

4. Tigertron

Tigertron Guest

I have the same problem.
    I upgraded from WIN98 -> WINXP.
    I like XP. I love CS. When I move with keyboard it is sluggish and lags. Mouse Aim is slow and lags and does what it wants.
    I have added so many things to my CS path.
    I have -nomouseaccel, and the others.. It should be about 3. I tried the dxdiag.exe, but when I do that, CS wont connect to any server. I have re-installed HF and re-installed the updates.
    I only play CS as my online game, cause it is the best (IMO)

Specs.

PIII 800 Mhz
    TNT Nvidia 2 (I think)
    WINXP Pro
    Garbage Monitor.
    Logitech Optical Mouse

I would greatly apprcieate some help on this. Plz Help

5. dijital

dijital Guest

"-nomouseaccel" in the command line solved it for me