Verizon V3C / MPT 4.04 Help

Discussion in 'Portable Devices & Gadgets' started by hpnotiq`, Apr 3, 2006.

1. hpnotiq`

hpnotiq` OSNN One Post Wonder

Alright, so I just purchased my V3C yesterday and was bored and starting looking into modding it and all that. I came across this site and bought MPT, then updated it all the way to 4.04, changed the modem to V3CM so I have access to the multimedia studio. However, whenever I try to transfer anything I get: "Unable to communicate with the mobile phone." Obviously my phone is connected and everything. It detects it and I can send/receive texts using MPT and sync my phonebooks and everything but whenever I try to do anything in the multimedia studio. Any idea why?

Sorry I was a complete moron and didn't notice the sticky.

2. hpnotiq`

Okay I know what I need to do now with the firmware downgrade, but I have a couple questions.

Is there any differences between the firmware versions other than the block? (ie: will I lose any features at all).

Is there a way to do it without having to lose all my numbers? Could I just transfer my numbers to my computer using MPT, then do the clear/reset and firmware downgrade, then put them back on my phone using MPT?

3. hpnotiq`

Okay... I can't install RSD Lite because I don't have those hotfixes and can't receive them. Are there any other solutions?

4. Captain EggHead

Captain EggHead OSNN One Post Wonder