vBulletin 3.6 Bugs

Seems some of the attachment types have lost pics to recognize them, don't know how long that's been going on?

Attachments

• att.JPG
    att.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 94
Try changing the editor mode.

I also noticed we no longer tend to have the OSNN logo next to the URL in the address bar of my browser. Seems to have re-verted to the default vBulletin logo...

Attachments

• browser.JPG
    browser.JPG
    8.7 KB · Views: 93
I also noticed we no longer tend to have the OSNN logo next to the URL in the address bar of my browser. Seems to have re-verted to the default vBulletin logo...

My browser shows the emoticon for the site very well.

Hmmmm, You must be using IE. :rolleyes:

Hey, it's a frickin bug hunt. :p

I do like bug hunts, where is my fly swatter? :p

Have you done a refresh or cache dump since the upgrade? Just curious...

What!? Cache dump, refresh??? Are you mad? I don't want it to fuk up. The nerve of some people, wanting me to join in your agony.

:p

Mine shows the OSNN icon.

Yeah, uploaded the vbulletin one over the top with the new version.
Will throw that up too when I get home.

Are we giving out $100 for each bug fixed, like Microsoft? :p :lick:

How's RSS?

since the upgrade I have noticed my RSS seems skewed....

I take the feed from all frontpage updates - forgotten the number, but I would guess they are all the same.... Anyway they plug into my RainMeter on the desktop and you can see what has happened in the attached partial screenie... As a consequence the headlines are no longer clickable either....

My guess this is a minor config issue rather than a direct consequence of the upgrade, but thought I'd mention it here.

Attachments

• BadRSS.jpg
    BadRSS.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 96
No they actually changed the backend, let me find the specifics.

Cache of Syndication Data (external.php)
Data outputted by external.php (RSS feeds, for example) will now be cached for a specified amount of time. This defaults to one hour. This significantly improves performance on large boards.

Improved RSS Syndication
Several enhancements have been made to RSS syndication.
  • external.php defaults to serving RSS2
  • HTML is served by default using the <content:encoded> tag. Using the proper aggregate results in the feed looking the same as it does on the forum, including attachments. This can be disabled with &nohtml=1.
  • The <description> tag will include the full post content if &fulldesc = 1 is used.
  • A channel icon has been added
  • The post username is now listed using <dc:creator> so no more example@example.com linking.
  • Feed can be shown in newest thread order or laspost order using &lastpost=1. Laspost order will display the newest post of each thread.
  • An option to increase the amount of returned items is now in the admincp. The feed still defaults to 15 items but can be increased up to your new value using &count=.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back