vBulletin 3.5.4

Re: vBulletin 3.5 Beta

O.K.

I am NOT, I repeat NOT complaining. :rolleyes: But I thought ya might wanna know that when ya click on "Quick Links" on the link bar at the top of the page, it does some weird ass shiit.

Hint... The link bar changes.

"Quick Links" disapears and "Mark Forums Read" and "Open Buddy List" takes it's place.

Now that ain't no bug, them's frickin gremlins man. :eek:

Once again it could be down to cached functions?

Seems to be a Firefox issue. It also manifests itself with DeerPark Alpha 1. And this is at home and at work. Mozilla has no such problem, neither does IE.

BTW, cache and cookies have been cleared on both machines.

Can anything be done with the new post timeouts? Like for example a thread has more then 1 page. I go to read say pay 3 and upon opening notice that indeed I wanted page 2, BUT when clicking page 2 all posts already show as read as do the ones on page 3 now. Never use to do this till you moved on to another thread.

I thought one of the features of 3.5 was that posts and threads stayed unread until you actual read them (or marked them as read) and not after just viewing the titles for a while (such as a new posts search)

that could make the database huge

Khayman said:
I thought one of the features of 3.5 was that posts and threads stayed unread until you actual read them (or marked them as read) and not after just viewing the titles for a while (such as a new posts search)

It does indeed not make them marked read. What Xie is complaining about is the fact that he goes to read the thread, stumbles onto Page 3 of a 3 Page thread, and notices he has not read all from Page 2. So he goes back to Page 2, and now all the posts he has never read are marked as read. This used to be otherwise, but they have changed how it works, i prefer the new way. I have a photographic memory, and can remember where i stopped reading in a thread :p.

Nothing can be done about it Xie.

Epunk: It was hopefully designed to be in a more than HUGE database way, if not, the database is going to be huge.

X-Istence said:
Nothing can be done about it Xie.
Or can something be done? *waves hand like jedi*

X-Istence said:
I HATE STAR WARS.

Nothing can be done.
True. You seem to have fallen to the dark side already. :(

Did anybody notice that you can double click to edit your posts?

I like :)

zeke_mo said:
Did anybody notice that you can double click to edit your posts?

I like :)

Yes we did :lick:

hahahaha... oooops :p

I made an interesting observation. If say a thread had 4 pages and I accidently clicked page 2 instead of 4, when I went to page 4 new posts would still show as new like normal. So I guess you just have to play it safe in active threads w/ multiple pages now as if you go a page more then you've read and go back all those new posts will show as read already. :(

Khayman said:

Thread/Forum Read Marking Type This option controls how threads and forums are marked as read.
Inactivity/Cookie Based - once a user has been inactive for a certain amount of time (the value of the cookie timeout option) all threads and forums are considered read. Individual threads are marked as read within a session via cookies.

This option is how all versions of vBulletin before 3.5 functioned.

Database (no automatic forum marking) - this option uses the database to store thread and forum read times. This allows accurate read markers to be kept indefinitely. However, in order for a forum to be marked read when all threads are read, the user must view the list of threads for that forum.

This option is more space and processor intensive than inactivity-based marking.

Database (automatic forum marking) - this option is the same as a previous option, but forums are automatically marked as read when the last new thread is read.

This is the most usable option for end users, but most processor intensive.

Hey EP you mess with sigs code or did it change in new beta? Oh and typing this the new reply box is ... interesting.

I had to revert alot of templates, got local copies.
will change it back :D

Edit (with ajax ... har): DONE

The new quick reply box looks sweet. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back