UT2003 Not Out Until 3rd Quarter 2002

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Manc, Jul 13, 2002.

1. Manc

Manc Guest

Just seen this over at Blues News http://www.bluesnews.com/

UT2003 Q32002 [2:42 PM EDT (Blue) July 12, 2002] - 22 Comments *
    Infogrames sent along the latest edition of their product release schedule. Everything on the slate seems pretty much as it was before, with one noteworthy exception. Unreal Tournament 2003, which had previously been expected sometime this summer, is now listed as a 3rd Quarter 2002 release.

What a pisser..... :mad:

2. Manc

Manc Guest

3. Kezzas

Kezzas Guest

delayed?

Who cares if its delayed. Im glad it is.

When a company delays a game or something it makes it more exciting and there is a reason why it is delayed.

Half life was crap and no fun at all when it first came out. The problems was all sorted with patches and its safe to say its still the best game ever.

I can only think UT2003 is delayed to make the game better. I wouldn't mind if it came out next year if it has no bugs, and was a superb game to play!

Who wants a half finished game? Not me thats for sure

I bet noone here will disagree with me.

Ric

4. poo poo wit doo doo

5. da rock

da rock Guest

checked it out at planet unreal and infogames is still shooting
    for the end of Sept. according to the post there.

6. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

Kezzas, ditto....

no bugs for me please

:cool:

7. _DM_

_DM_ OSNN Senior Addict

Well i'll be damned!

8. Manc

Manc Guest

9. Krux

Krux Nissan Powered

prolly setting myself up for a flame but I never liked any of the unreal games where all that great.....

10. Manc

Manc Guest

Each to his own m8...

:(

11. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

America's Army gives them the opportunity to extensively test the netcode etc.

It's gonna be sweet when it's out..
    Just gotta get around that those beta builds aren't gonna be like the final demo.

12. GT2000

GT2000 Guest

Yea, I'm actually damn happy they decided to do this, I received my beta of build 927 in the mail last saturday, and it's got a gta3 feel to it from the start, had to disable all special visuals, run at 640x480 (though it has the extra small rezs like UT), and it's still a bit choppy, even after configuring a couple more options in the prefs. But I'll definitely say this, it's playable, and enjoyable, been playing it online mostly on my friend's server, single-player seems a bit interesting, but I'll probably be sticking to instant-action if anything else.

13. Kezzas

Kezzas Guest

BETA 927

Beta 927 is very old m8. (although thats the latest i have, :( )
    They would have sorted the problems with it by now!

Ric