ut oh

Tittles

Dabba Dooba
Political Access
well...last night i tried changing some setting for the processer to overclock and well i did somethin wrong and it dont even boot. Like it turns on and the dvd burner and dvd drive make the usual sound and stuff but the computer screen doesnt come on and the keyboard and mouse dont turn on either. It like doesnt get past the dvd drives or somethin.

I tried resetting the bios but i cant find the lil thing. Isnt there like a lil plastic thing u move a pin over and turn it on and then like put it back after that? All i could find was a lil dip swtich that said on and i pushed it down but it didnt do anything.

the motherboard is a gigabyte ga-7dx+ and i have an amd 2400

I would just flip the battery out for a minute or two. That should clear the bios settings.

The battery?? Surely the jumper switch would be easier.

It would be, unless you don't know where the jumper is. The battery is pretty easy to remove as well though.

i looked all over for the jumper but cant find it but i will try the battery thing.

i would of used my own but i am at my g/fs house like 2 roads over and plus i dont have the book.

Thanks rush!!!

Tittle I hope you're not going in for some overclocking. If so can i bring some potatoes to chop and fry on your processor?

i was goin to but i am scared now :S. Rush the battery thing worked just fine...but now i just gotta set the settings up right cause i hate the bios i never know how to set it up. U will be getting a surprise :)

Ttittle

Use the gigabyyte overclocking utility. It's free and came with the MB. (If it's in the same place as your manual you can download it from gigabyte.) It lets you bump the FSB from windows. If you overclock too aggressively it just crashes and on reboot it is back at default settings. When you're sure everything is stable you can go to bios and set the speed there. Or you can have the overclocking utility load at boot and set the new speed. Once you do this though you will have to disable the overclocking utility from safe mode if the system ever gets cranky and won't load windows anymore because of the overclocking.

Remember to check your CPU temp early and often when overclcoking. If it's over 55C when gaming or benchmarking back off!

sounds to me, if he can never get a bios set right, that he should not even try to overclock, i think he needs to read the manual and memorize it, and understand the risks involved before trying it on a computer that doesnt belong to him

:rolleyes: yeh at least learn how to get out of problems before you creat then

Dunno why the boy needs to waste time and a broken puter on such a trivial activity.

Tittle, go get an upgrade for your MOBO and processor.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back