UT-Critical Error

Z

Zodiaq

Hey all...
I'm not much of a gamer but I wanted to try Unreal Tournament.

When I launch the game I get this error...Anybody know what's up?

I have plenty of available RAM...

Quick Specs:

Intel p4 2.53 ghz
ATI Radeon 8500DV
521MB PC 2700

is it UT2k3 or UT?
if it's UT2k3 then there is a download to update the game's engine, you can get it from gamespy.com.
I think the game engine is damaged.
or if it's UT maybe an update will help you out.

It's UT....

Thanks Octopus, i'll see if I can find an update.

Damn it...I just updated using the UTpatch436...I still get the same error...any more ideas?

The card rocks!!! 3dmark score of just over 10,000. Latest DX.

I dunno what the hell to do...I hate buggy things.

I guess screw the games...probably be more productive if I spend my time in Photoshop anyway.

try re-installation, change your res. settings maybe you altered colors while you're working on photoshop

I think i'll try reinstalling...Didn't change anything in Photoshop.

Thanks Octo

set compatibility mode on the UT shortcut... might sort the problem.

also try loading it in safe mode... change the video mode from d3d to ogl or vice-versa

gl

I've had that error before now, i think TechSupport may be right, give it a switch over to OpenGL

I never actually worked out why that happened to me before. as the game runs fine in OpenGL and D3D now altho i get sound problems in D3D, i prefer OpenGL anyway :)

Thanks for the replies guys...I never did solve the problem. I installed Quake3 arena instead...Whoa...what a coool fricken game.

I think I might be a little addicted:eek:

Originally posted by Zodiaq
Thanks for the replies guys...I never did solve the problem. I installed Quake3 arena instead...Whoa...what a coool fricken game.

I think I might be a little addicted:eek:

Good call! :D
Quake3 is a superb game! :)

you gotta try UT2k3!
has anyone had a victory in the godlike mode?my limitation is SKILLED mode.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back