UT and Voodoo 3

S

srhodes

Just installed XP yesterday. So far I have an all kinds of driver problems, network card, scanner, cd-rw, etc. All are fixed. Then I go to enjoy a game of UT and oh no. An error!!!!!!!! Game will not play in full screen mode.
ANY HELP?? I downloaded what I thought was the right driver, but XP won't recognize it. Driver there now is Microsoft Windows XP Publisher, Version 5.1.2001, 6/6/2001.
Thanks and Frag on!!!!!!!!!

I used to have that problem when I had my VooDoo 3...I don't know where you downloaded the drivers from, but I fixed mine by getting them from Windows Update. I was surprised as all hell that they actually had drivers for my old card. But they worked. :) Hope that helps.

-Jestermask

I have the same card as you.

I solved all of the game problems to date with a 3rd party driver.

I got it from voodoo files, but I originally followed this link:
http://www.aesoftware.com/voodoo5.htm

There are several to choose from. Try them out and see which one works for you. Btw, Ignore the XP message about unsigned drivers. These work great.

I plan to update my video card AFTER I get my AthlonXP 2000 :D

I tried the Voodoo 3 driver from that web site, but got horrible color quality and couldn't fix it. Had to go back to MS driver. Is there any particular folder you sould save the driver to when you download?
Any other suggestions.
This is started to annoy me

3DFX is unsupported now, MS just ring u the basic drivers, D3D, no GLIDE, openGL.

I used the HOE drivers from voodoofiles.com and Win2000 Tools, got it running max fps with WickedGL in Counter-Strike.:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back