UT and Radeon 8500LE

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Eolis, Jun 23, 2002.

1. Eolis

Eolis Guest

Ok, Got a Radeon 8500LE, and want to run UT in OpenGL, but it's dark as sin. Any ideas...

Before you say "Use D3D", I was, but the game starts up REAL slow, but opens pretty quick and actually runs better in OpenGL...

2. GT2000

GT2000 Guest

I've always noticed that with UT, OGL runs better on my system than D3D (150fps vs 50), and it's darker, however if I have my brightness all the way up inside the game it looks just fine, I'm assuming you've tried that already, but if not, give it a go.

But other than that, I've never come across a fix or anything specifically for the brightness. A friend of mine had a monitor that was dying out and EVERYTHING was dark as hell.

3. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

Are you using the new catylast drivers?? if so there is a tab for game gamma you could try that ......... I also like powerstrip for that you can make a profile when you click on the destop icon to open the game ( any game) it will set a costom display profile ............ of course you need to make the profiles for each game not all of them need let's say 250%+ brightness

4. Eolis

Eolis Guest

Good ideas. Thanks........

5. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

lol

YW ............ lolol yayayayyaa my 200th post ok I cheated on this one ................:D :p

6. MiseryQv2.0

MiseryQv2.0 Guest

Hoe do you get UT to run with OpenGL?!?

7. GT2000

GT2000 Guest

Select to run UT in safe mode from the program group, then select change 3d video device, and at the menu check the radio button at the bottom to show ALL devices.

OGL will now be available.

8. MiseryQv2.0

MiseryQv2.0 Guest

WHOA!!! the graphics got better and the FPS went from 66 to 169?!? Thanks...

9. MiseryQv2.0

MiseryQv2.0 Guest

For some reason UT just crashed... I'm reinstalling...

On the "main screen" Tools > TimeDemo Statistics...