UT 2003 issue

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by SaintKaden, Jul 22, 2002.

1. SaintKaden

SaintKaden Guest

uhmm .... does anyone here play this game cuz I installed it and it wont let me play, all I do is spectate the map endlessly.

any ideas why this happens.

pleez...thanks! ;)

2. Bman

Bman OSNN Veteran Original

maybe there is a special key you gotta hit to join !

3. ste_w

ste_w Moderator

Are you guys on about the demo or the game? cos i didnt even know the demo or the full game was out yet?

if its the demo whered u get it from?

Thanx

Ste

4. fitfella29

fitfella29 Guest

yeah let us know.

5. SaintKaden

SaintKaden Guest

well I got the demo, but I can't remember where I downloaded it from...

uhmm I got it to work but now I notice the karma ingine doesnt work! Damn.

6. GT2000

GT2000 Guest

There's a build (927) of the full version leaked out and about, but it shows why they delayed the retail release of it.

Try hitting up IRC, should find it there.

7. huFFamOOse

huFFamOOse Guest

Try turn off any joystick settings, i think my shoot was bound to joystick on 1st play.

SaintKaden - Karma engine wasn't in the leaked demo but was in leaked full... I noticed bugger all really.

For all those who are confussed NO THE GAME ISN'T OUT YET NOR THE DEMO, we're talking about the leaked ones :¬f

8. SaintKaden

SaintKaden Guest

well the one I got is that 927 build, I guess I shouldn't consider it a demo and if it is, then it's the largest I've ever seen... I've heard of a 967 rumor but I dont't beleive it.

U say the karma is built into the 927 build though?

9. razor_ro

razor_ro OSNN Addict

Follow these steps...

Right after you install the game go to the C:\UT2003\SYSTEM\ directory and delete the UT2003.ini and USER.ini (i think thats what they are called) there are 2 patches, copy over the 15 day trial patch over to the specified directory, you can also copy over the MULTIplayer patch over but that disables the KARMA enginebut you can play online, so make a backup of the other one, when you wanna play online just copy it over and make a backup of the other one..... but for single player KARMA engine rocks, then when you run the game press tab and go to CONSOLE then type "preferences" and you can tweak the s&*% out of it, then your set..... it needs a hell of a system to get 60fps avg tho......g'luck

RaZoR

10. SaintKaden

SaintKaden Guest

:| wow thanx alot razor it worked... my system performs great sofar...

now as far the multiplayer patch is concerned, I understand that you can host your own games but not join online servers is this correct? I patched the file and i twont connect me to any servers online.

thanx for any input! ;)

11. razor_ro

razor_ro OSNN Addict

get MIRC

if you want servers get MIRC (www.mirc.com) join an EFNET server and go to #UT2003, they have a website with servers that you can join, lets say a servers name is "www.ut2003.net" you would go to CONSOLE in the game and type "open www.ut2003.net" and it will connect automatically, i havent set up a server yet so i wouldnt know anything about seting one up... glad it worked, later

RaZoR

12. FoSsiL

FoSsiL Guest

hey i playing ut2003 and there is a lot of slow down, so much that i cant even play. i even tried setting the detail low and it still get slow down. i have a pentium 4 2ghz, geforce 2 mx400 and 2.5gig of free space in my hard drive, so what can be the problem guys?

13. dijital

dijital Guest

i agree with catch, its your video card. your gf2 wont cut it for any games to come out from this point onwards.

14. FoSsiL

FoSsiL Guest

Damn! cant play high end games no more =(. anyone selling their video card?=)

15. GraveLayer

GraveLayer Guest

I double click and get this screen shot. I am still getting the rest of the files so this is ONLY with the 1st ut2003.part01.rar
    What is acrocat.exe!?

16. GraveLayer

GraveLayer Guest

Again I don't have all the files downloaded yet but should that matter?

17. loque

loque Guest

My Geforce2 Ti rocks in this game
    must be the DDR Ram

18. GraveLayer

GraveLayer Guest

Catch,
    All is well. It was a file association problem! :)
    Now I need to find these two patches that Razor_ro is talking about!
    I need multiplayer! :)

19. razor_ro

razor_ro OSNN Addict

get mirc.....

follow my steps in my previous post and it should work.... :D

RaZoR

20. xsk8zerox

xsk8zerox Moderator

no warez read the forum guidlines