Using multiple resolutions....question

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by sondgerothja, Jul 6, 2002.

1. sondgerothja

sondgerothja Guest

My wife and I use the same computer. The only problem is that she frequently changes the resolution down to 800x600. This makes me have to manually re-set it to my commonly used 1280x960:confused:. Is there any way or possibly a program to allow this to change when either of us log on? Could something or some kind of script be but in the "startup" group?

If I helps, I have a TNT2 M64 video card with the latest Detonator drivers.

Any help or ideas is GREATLY appreciated.

2. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

can't remember what its callled but in system tray you should be able to activate a little thingy that has the different resolutions... right click and select and there you go... my borther has the same card as you and his wife does that too...

I have a radeon and I have an ati startcenter thingy... which I have now turned off... but it does the same thing... right click and select the resolution... saves you doing it the long way...

if you want a script to dbl-click to get that res change... I dunno how to do it...

alternatively... make your wife use the magnifier if she can't see at yer res :) save you having to change back up all the time...

:D

3. sondgerothja

sondgerothja Guest

Tried that method before, it's just as annoying to me. Don't like how it shows EVERY singe possible combination of resolutions/colors either.....Thanks for the reply though.

4. scriptasylum

scriptasylum Moderator

Just a thought:

Is the reason she changes the resolution is because the icons or text is too small?

If this IS the case, might I suggest adjusting the icon and/or text size in her login? That way, you can both use the same resolution, it will just look like she is using a lower one.

5. sondgerothja

sondgerothja Guest

Good idea, we're gonna try that one soon. I'd still love to find a program or script to do it, but this would be a good temporary fix. Thanks