using icqphone at shared network?

C

chenwei

hi, i am using a hub + winrouter pro (software) to share my cable modem connection. however my friends' pc are not directly connected to the internet so they r unable to use icq phone to talk directly with others, where i can do it on my pc. is there any way or settings i can do so that they can use icq phone to talk directly to others outside the network?

thanks~ :)

Mapping through the correct port(s) in their routing software or router.

the problem is that i dunno how to map them... for example, my pc (server) has 2 IP, 20x.xxx.xx.xx and 192.168.0.1, where 20x is for cable modem, 192 is for LAN. when i tried to do port mapping, it's asking the following details:

Protocal: TCP/UDP etc (i should use TCP only or TCP/UDP?)
Listen IP: well, i guess 20x in this case, am i right?
Listen port: single port, but i dunno what port icqphone is using
Destination ip: supposed to be my friend's pc ip in LAN right? for example 192.168.0.88
Destination port: er... i dunno too
Allow access only from: dunno....

and let say listen port is using default icq phone port, that means i am not able to use it when my friend is using?

again, thanks for any help~~~ ;)

Protocol: Depends on what the application uses.
Listen IP: The 20x, right
Listen port: Find it out :)
Destination ip: Friends IP, yes.
Destination port: Same as listen port.
Allow access only from: Everywhere? Just leave it blank if you can.

You may not be able to use ICQ phone, no. But I'm not sure. I think you can set ICQ to only use specific ports (say 2300-2500 or something). Then you could port map those through and hope that it will work (no guarantees! ;)).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back