User/e-mail associations

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by tkole, Aug 4, 2002.

1. tkole

tkole Guest

I am running Win XP home edition on my laptop and want to know if there is any way to edit messages on the welcome display. Let me explain: My girlfriend logged on to her aol account on my laptop using my login and now when I put the pointer on my login name on the welcome screen, it displays "36 unread mail messages". The unread messages are not mine. I use Outlook for my e-mail and have no unread messages. The unread messages that the display was referring to were hers in aol. Is there a way for me to tell the computer that I do not want aol mail associated with my login? Also, I have XP Pro on CD, can I upgrade my home edition without a clean install or would you not recommend that? Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

2. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

I might be wrong, but that 'unread messages' feature only works with Windows Messenger.. I'm pretty sure about that... but you can get rid of it comepletely with Tweak UI... get it here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp

Install tweak ui, run it, and expand 'Logon' then click on 'Unread Mail' and at the top, uncheck 'Show unread mail on Welcome Screen'