user accounts

• Thread starter mafiafromrussia
  • Start date
M

mafiafromrussia

i just went to my control panel then clicked on user accounts, when that window opened there was nothing there but a back,forward and home buttons.
my account is set as administrator

well i need to change some settings there, and the window is blank. there's nothing . no user name, no change options . nothing. plus i just noticed that when i go to administrative tools>services and then go to properties of any of them and click on dependencies tab i get error saying '" win32:the dependency service or group failed to start"
how do i fix this?

Hmmmmmmmmm

sounds like something got corrupted, reboot, and see if that don't clear it up, if it doesn't and u recently installed something, do a system restore back to like right before this nonsense started, if that don't work, do a repair job.

:cool:

sound's like a problem with your dependences. certain part's depend on outher's. have u changed anything in administrative tools>>serveces?

there was a post a few day's ago about which serves it is safe 2 change. try reading it...

reboot didnt help, and i do not use system restore. it's disabled. and i have been messing around with the services, which i think i did from that list.

just cheak through the list of dependences. u should really have set them all 2 "safe" 2 begin with + only do a few @ a time. if u can remember which 1's u changed work backward's.

Originally posted by mafiafromrussia
i do not use system restore. it's disabled.

I continue to wonder why I keep seeing this in posts on this forum - system restore has saved my butt on numerous occasions and would be a worthwhile try in this case - if it were an option!

:confused:

Not trying to be flame or insult or anything - but I would just like to know why so many folks disable system restore!

Is there something negative going on with system restore that I have not found out about yet???

i will try to mess with services again, and i've disabled sysrestore to have more diskspace, and dont like it working in there all the time.

I agree damnyank, System Restore has saved my bacon numerous times, if it's a disk space problem, there are ways to limit the amount of system restore points.

But, people have to find out the hard way, good luck mafiafromrussia, I really do hope you get this fixed without having to do something drastic.

:cool:

i have managed to get dependencies to work again, no luck with user accounts, but i dont need it that badly now. i'll try to figure it out by turning on/of services by 1or 2. and the most drastic thing that i can do is format, which i dont really fear a lot :) . just have to find out how i do that on ntfs system

that's the best way 2 do it, 1 or 2 @ time. saves u time in the end

When I check it, it doesn't show the Administrator either, just my own account (I don't log on as Admin) and the Guest account.

Have you tried CTRL Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Local Users and Groups to see if what you need to do can be done there?

Regards,
eNuffSaid

Originally posted by eNuffSaid
When I check it, it doesn't show the Administrator either, just my own account (I don't log on as Admin) and the Guest account.

Have you tried CTRL Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Local Users and Groups to see if what you need to do can be done there?

Regards,
eNuffSaid

my problem was that it was not showing anything at all, just white window with 3 buttons on top.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back