Use MSN 8 without signing up for MSN internet access?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by LilBlueDawg, Oct 24, 2002.

1. LilBlueDawg

LilBlueDawg Guest

hey guys, i wuz wonderin if u will be able to use MSN 8 just as a web browser, like u can with MSN 7, without signing up for MSN internet access. Will this be possible?

2. funky dredd

funky dredd Moderator

3. Octopus

Octopus Moderator

no...let money talks.
    you can't run MSN 7 without a passport..with MSN 8 you can't run it without paid passport.

4. funky dredd

funky dredd Moderator

That is what I said, but for some reason it worked for me last night using my wifes hotmail account. She really likes it though so hopefully (keeping fingers crossed) I won't have to pay :)

5. scooby_work

scooby_work Guest

possible reason why it worked...

from the link you provided...

"Get started by installing MSN 8 now. Then update to the full version with more exciting features when your installation CD arrives in the mail.

Note: If you signed up for MSN Broadband, installing MSN 8 does not set up MSN Broadband. Installing now gives you free dial-up Internet access until you receive the MSN Broadband self-install kit in the mail. "

Looks like it is just a stripped version that just gives you the MSN 8 interface, with limited service access.

scooby

6. dayle

dayle Guest

i downloaded it from the link above but it wont work until i sign up for a braodband/dial-up or software only licence..which i am not gonna sign up for ..im going back to version7