USB2.0 Driver for XP Pro

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by TreeTops Ranch, Nov 5, 2002.

1. How the heck does one obtain a USB2.0 driver for XP Pro? Is it buried in SP1?

Just bought a new scanner and the instructions say to go to Microsoft.com for the USB2.0 driver but that USB2.0 driver is not available on that site.

Thanks All...

Don from TreeTops Ranch in Oregon

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

What happens when you plug it in? Does xp try to load the driver?

3. Haven't got that far. Just reading the instructions that say to install that driver first.

4. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

Most USB Scanners tell you to install the Drivers first, then after the reboot to just plug the Scanner into the USB Port and "Bang" it's there.

Maybe what the instructions are saying is to go to the MicroSquish "Windowz Update" and get the updated Drivers???

Sometimes in "Windowz Update" there are "New" or "Updated Drivers"

Maybe????

BTW... What Brand and Model of Scanner is it? Could be helpful to us as to trying to find a solution to your question.

5. gonaads

I found this on the Net:

6. For some reason Microsoft has made it extremely difficult to find a simple USB2.0 driver for XP on their web site. Or maybe I'm extremely dumb. Haven't been able to locate it yet but still looking. With all the new USB2.0 devices coming out now you would think they would make it easy to download that driver, wouldn't you?

7. gonaads

8. Thank you all, That explains it. That driver is in SP1 which I don't have yet.