usb support in dos?

GhoulScout

OSNN Addict
is there anyway to get usb support in dos? i'm trying to reinstall an operating system with my hp external cd drive because my laptops drive died on me. can anyone help with this?

Kind of just guessing here, but isn't there something like 'USB Legacy' in the bios that would allow operation in DOS?

I recently got myself a USB keyboard and even after enabling USB legacy support in the BIOS, POST reporter indicates that no keyboard is detected and I can only enter the BIOS with the DEL key with a PS/2 keyboard hooked up.

My MOBO is a A7V333. Why isn't my USB Keyboard working within the BIOS or DOS outside of an OS like WinXP?

The keyboard works fine in WinXP but I had to config the BIOS to ignore checking for a keyboard at bootup.

Eiji said:
I recently got myself a USB keyboard and even after enabling USB legacy support in the BIOS, POST reporter indicates that no keyboard is detected and I can only enter the BIOS with the DEL key with a PS/2 keyboard hooked up.

My MOBO is a A7V333. Why isn't my USB Keyboard working within the BIOS or DOS outside of an OS like WinXP?

The keyboard works fine in WinXP but I had to config the BIOS to ignore checking for a keyboard at bootup.

Some BIOS's have a USB Keyboard support option, check for this. As to the laptop problem I dont think there is any. If it was a new laptop then it would work but since its a 266 you maybe out of luck.

Your best bet would probaby be a parallel port cdrom, it would be slow but it would work.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back