Usb 2.0

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Punkychan, Jun 28, 2003.

1. Punkychan

Punkychan OSNN Addict

I've got an USB controller card installed and the drivers too but how do I make sure that my drive is really running on usb 2.0 and not 1.1 ? On the device driver it's stated my controller does exist.Is there a way I could check it through ?

2. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

Windows® 2000/XP

1. Right-click the My Computer icon and select Manage.

Note: Windows XP users may need to click Start to access the My Computer icon.

2. Click the Device Manager icon.

3. Click the plus (+) sign next to Universal Serial Bus Controllers.

Note: If Universal Serial Bus Controllers is not listed, there is a problem with the USB controller or the USB controller is not enabled in the computer's BIOS. Please contact the computer or card manufacturer for updated drivers and/or for information on how to fix or enable the USB controller.

1. If Enhanced Host Controller and/or USB 2.0 Root Hub Device is listed, then the computer has USB 2.0 ports.

2. If Universal Host Controller and/or Open Host Controller is listed, then the computer has USB 1.1 ports.

3. Punkychan

Punkychan OSNN Addict

Thanks for the reply...

4. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

Hope it helped :)

5. krmanning

krmanning Guest

What if both types show up? I have a Gigabyte 8IEXP MB, which is supposed have USB 2.0; 2 USB ports on the back plate and 4 others via 2 plugs on the MB. In the BIOS I have USB 2.0 enabled. But when I look in device manager, I see 1 enhanced ost controller and three standard host controllers.

6. Dosar

Dosar Guest