urgent help!

F

fitfella29

just tried booting my comp up this morning and after it checks the memory and it checks the harddrives it comes up with :

detecting ide drives....

pri master disk....... none
pri slave disk....... none

anybody know whats up with that?

Check that the ribbon cable hasn't worked loose from the mobo & that it is properly seated

You could also check your bios settings, and re detect your hard drives, if no hard drives are detected check all cable conx's, power, IDE to the hard drives.
As a last resort you can remove the cmos battery on the mother board to ensure a clean reset of the bios, and start again. I have had 2 systems that required this.

You may want to verify the MBR's are ok. If they have been corrupted the HD's won't be seen on boot up. Which of course gives the error msg no pri master or pri slave seen.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back