Urgent HELP needed

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by amoebadrew, Jan 18, 2002.

1. amoebadrew

amoebadrew Guest

I just tweaked my bios (increased cpu voltage) and now windows won't load. No signal even comes to the monitor. I think something happend to the bios setup or their is a conflict or somthing. PLEASE HELP send me any ideas. thank you so much

2. pc_tek

pc_tek Guest

sounds like you may have fried something...not a smart move (no offense)

probably fried the motherboard if it is accepting power and no monitor output, what brand motherboard is it?

try resetting all power strips and the back of the power supply for precautions..

3. amoebadrew

amoebadrew Guest

its an shuttle ak31. everything else is working because all the lights are on (cd-rom, a light on the motherboard, fans, etc.)
    how do i reset the powerstrip?

4. amoebadrew

amoebadrew Guest

aslo i don't know why anything went wrong because i have set the voltage to this same amount many time before

5. pc_tek

pc_tek Guest

should be a reset switch on power strip.

Any time you mess with overclocking/power settings, this is a risk you take.

Last time i saw this same thing you are describing it was a burned up mobo or cpu (i really cant remember which...been awhile). Take the covers off, take a smell inside, see if it smells burnt at all. If your familiar with computer components, you could try to reseat everything, power supply wires, cpu, memory, etc etc...this may help (hopefully).

Good luck!

6. pc_tek

pc_tek Guest

also if none of the above works, you could try resetting the bios...

7. amoebadrew

amoebadrew Guest

how do i reset the bios? i know it has to do with a jumper but how do those work?

8. pc_tek

pc_tek Guest

best to goto the mobo website and download a manual to be sure.

9. amoebadrew

amoebadrew Guest

i fixed it. i just removed the battery thingy and dissconnected the power. all is well. thanks

10. pc_tek

pc_tek Guest

cool.... now leave it alone! hehehe

11. Highwind7777

Highwind7777 Guest

nonono! to finish it up, perform an exercise...contact the local priest:D

12. pc_tek

pc_tek Guest

LOL how did i know what your comment was gonna be before i came to see this post :D

13. amoebadrew

amoebadrew Guest

lol. ya i found out the ghost of my dead fish was taking over the cpu!