UPS Tab not Visable In Power Options

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by SSE, Oct 15, 2002.

1. SSE

SSE Guest

I am running XP Pro and attempted to configure my APC UPS but the APM and UPS tabs do not show up in the Power options settings in control panel, :( any Ideas.

Thanks

2. GraLk

GraLk Guest

Maybe....

Check to see if UPS is disabled in services.
    Go Start>Control panel>Administrative tools>services...scroll down to Uninterruptable power supply and see if disabled. If it is, start it.

I also thought I saw something about this somewhere else...I'll do a search.

GraLk

3. SSE

SSE Guest

Already did that but the service won't start, I get "Error 2: The system could not find the specified file"

4. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

I have also noticed this problem (I am running an APC UPS). There is no need for this tab if you are running a program such as APC PowerChute since this program controls the shutdown times, and other operations when the power goes out.

Like I said, there is no need for this tab if you are running power management software such as PowerChute (which most APC UPS' use).

5. yoyo

yoyo _________________

There is a patch concerning UPS from MS, it is included in SP1. For details check out this Knowledgbase Article :Cannot Start the UPS Service

6. dick471

dick471 OSNN Junior Addict

In W2000 and XP the "APM" tab will NOT appear in any system running ACPI. This only appears if loaded in "Standard PC" configuration.