Upgrading My Graphics Card, Any Suggestions?

Ati & its drivers ... bleahhh , i'll have a nightmare if i'll remember again .

scriptasylum.. ti 4200 is a much better deal. the 4600 costs twice as much but isn't near twice as fast... more like 20% faster. ti 4400 is about 10% faster.

if i had to pick between visiontek or pny, i'd probly go with visiontek. but the ti 4200 i have coming in the mail is gainward-made which is quite overclockable and includes video capture. not sure if pny or visiontek do.

Originally posted by drpain101
The radeons are not worthy of sitting in an AGP slot that has seen a Geforce card!
Odd, my Radeon is in my AGP slot. My GeForce is in a box on top of my desk. Hmmm... :p

Originally posted by xsivforce
Odd, my Radeon is in my AGP slot. My GeForce is in a box on top of my desk. Hmmm... :p

why put your computer thru such torture?:)

Okay... in general...

GeForce4 MX 440 or 460 for the budget minded. Despite what all the people are saying, this is quite a nice card and is quite capable of doing its job. True enough that its only a Higher Clocked GF2Ti with better RAM. But heck, it gets more than respectable frames for most games.

And whoever it was that said we don't need more than 60-70 frames... Try using ur comp at 60hz and tell me if ur eyes hurt after a while. You want at least 75-80fps for comfort. The more frames the more smoother the movement.

If you want a card that'll last a while but your not up to spending large amounts of money then go with a GeForce 3 Ti200, Ti500 or a GeForce 4 Ti4200.

Now if you got the money then of course go for the Ti4400 and the Ti4600. Always remember that more ram is better. (diminishing rewards still apply though.)

Ge4MX... orrite... It doesn't have the Texel shaders, nFiniteFX etc but heck, you can do quincunx with this baby and all games look nice with quincunx =) (quincunx is one(?) step up from trilinear filtering)

Full Version T&L?? what the hell you on about?

A GeForce 2 MX had full T&L...

For the budget: GF4 MX440 or MX460
MidRange: GF3 Ti200, Ti500 or GF4 Ti4200
Rich Bastards: GF4 Ti4400, Ti4600

GeForce4 MX 440 or 460 for the budget minded. Despite what all the people are saying, this is quite a nice card and is quite capable of doing its job.

Not knowing if this is true for GeF4 MX, but I can tell you that I've had soooo much trouble with my GeF2 MX that I've regretted many times that I ever bought it..
If you want to save cash, you can get a GeF3 ti200 128 MB RAM for the price of a GeF4 MX - and that's what I'd recommend :)

Did you ever notice how GeForce cards are always needing updated drivers? I mean every week or so there is an XP Detonator driver release. Can't they get it right the first time? While you GeForce guys are playing in the Device Manager we Radeon outcasts are flexing our GPU's to some Quake and RTCW.:D :D :D

... or you radeonites are busy refreshing ati's driver page, looking for fixes to a number of problems. }:p nvidia is just quick to address incompatibilites with new games and always optimizing performance.. imo. }:>

both are nice.

Well I have a ATI all in wonder 128 pro (yeah right) and it's served me very well. So well in fact that I think I'll up to the all in wonder 8500. I don't need 500 fps and I don't even own Q3, but I do like to watch tv on my comp and record things to encode.

Any word on what the geforce VIVOs are like?

wish i could tell you, strangeless. i have an unopened geforce4 ti 4200 with VIVO right here that i'm in the process of returning. it occurred to me that my gts is still plenty fast for all of the games i have. besides, i spent $210 on it 3 weeks ago (back-ordered) and i looked around yesterday and saw ti 4400's for the same price! also, MSI makes a slightly faster 64mb ti 4200 with VIVO that sells for about $160. 'geforce5' is right around the corner and i'm currently unemployed... so now's not the time to be buying toys...

i really wanted to play with VIVO, too! }:<

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back