Upgradin Hardware

Hey people help me get my case done for me computer. Go post on my project. KEEP IT ALIVE! lol

ace123... might be putting some of my stuff up for sale next year if I upgrade :) if yer interested might sell it to you or put it up for highest bidder :)

Dude You know I'll be interested. I buy everything. Long as you don't try to rip me off for used hardware (knows what stuff is worth) So yeah if yall want it sold sell it to me lol.

Hey Geffy

nice to hear ur sorted out. Im also in the process of a rebuild after the festive cheer, and wonder if you can recommend a decend (not so expensive) retailer for bits & bobs (mobo's cpu's etc) as im just across the way from u (sunny ?? preston).

All the best fro 2003

tibboh

Yeah no prob tibboh, just a few questions first though.

What do you intend to use the PC for, gaming, mainly work that kind of thing?

What kind of budget do you have for the upgrade?

What kind of system specs do you have at the mo, ie which pieces of hardware can be reused? I did this, I am still using a 6x DVD drive that is about 3-4 yrs old, things like that.

Let us know, merry christmas too by the way, enjoy sunny preston.

In the way of retailers
Komplett.co.uk
Aria <-- They are in Longsight, just a bit outside central manchester
eBuyer.com
PC-Review Retailers Page
PC Review Price Search

Hi Geffy, thanks for ur reply

I'm currently running a P111, which is getting a bit long in the tooth, and wish to build a NEW system (keep the old un for my daughter + backup in emergency) - not so much games, mainly digital editing etc.

I was going for a P4, but on recommendation from ICEMAN - I'm now looking at:

1. MSI K7N2-L skt A nforce2, AT133
2. AMD Athlon XP 2200+
3. DDR 512MB 333Mhz - PC2700
4. 80 GB WD - 7200 RPM - ATA100
5. MSI Geforce$ Ti4200-8X 128MB
6. Creative Lab Audigy 2 Platinum

just need to start pricing up, hence the need to find decent retailers - what u recon?

Yeah that all looks good,

If you are going to be doing Digital Editting, then I would recommend getting a smallish hard drive for the system, and then getting a larger one for the data and things (digital editting takes up a lot of space)
Also you might want to look at getting a gfx card with VIVO or getting a dedicated VIVO card.

On the side of decent retailers, personally I would check komplett.co.uk first as they tend to have marginally lower prices, and they are a bit better on the shipping side of things, its a bit funny that as they ship everything from Oslo in Norway, but they seem to be better than quite a few of the UK retailers.

Dont forget that you will also need things like CD R/RW/ROM something like that or a DVD drive either ROM or writtable, if going for DVD Writeable then get the Sony DRW 500A (something like that)
You will also need things like floppy drive (cheapest is one from dabs.com)
Then also Monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers and other things like that if you havent got them already.

I was well impressed by ur recommendation of KOMPLETT - they had every bit of hardware that i could think of that i might want, and plenty more besides. Yes, their prices do look very reasonable, and if the shipping is as good as u say - i may wel be tempted to go down that route.

Like i said, i want to do a complete rebuild - the only thing I may cross over is my existing burner spare HD & possibly firewire card for digital editing

cheers

tibboh

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back