Upgrade: On a budget!

The 9550 Sapphire is teh 9600 core dumbed down, I don't know if the omega drivers from ATI will bump it up. It performes very well, I have put one in a friends PC.

If you prefer Nvidia go for it, I am just used to ATI.

elektroslime:
Not everyone can chill at home and be supported by their parents while their part time job buys their computer parts. There is a world out there. Open your blinds, and look. I've got bills to pay and food to buy and school to attend. I do have a job.
I have to admit, though. I have been thinking hard about working at Circuit City being a Lead Installer. Man do they know their ****. No smart asses there! And hey, it'd make me feel good about myself, impressing the old people with all my common sense computer jargon I'd babble at them.
No hard feelings, just sh!t and giggles....
Thanks for your input to my thread Steevo.

uh win3d, if im not mistaken I was the one who told Kermit that there is world out there and that life is about more then computers, i think you didnt understand me.
guess its my english......not my first language.......

I know what you told Kermit. I was just mocking you. I hope I didn't piss you off. ;)
Like I said man, just sh~t and giggles...thanks for your input.

Well the Nvidia over ATI statement is a JOKE in itself.

Either one makes great cards , I have owned and will continue to buy from both.
Next point was 24/7 games ?

Let me see full time between school/work and raiseing 5 kids sure I get to play some games ...

What was funny was your all so fired up Nvidia hey Explain how Nvidia cards are better then ATI then show us the options from both companies with the up and downs , prices , and performance for your statement then maybe it will be more than just you being a fanboy.

Before you start getting personal with me maybe you should find out who I am .

peace.

ps. wow 130 posts not bad only a few thousand more and your going to be where I am. Plus let me see I have been around here for 3 years or so..

Elektro Slime said:
YEAH kermit, whats so funny?

not everyone is a geek and plays games 24/7, not sure if you know but there is a world out there, pull up the blinds and have a look for yourself.

And was I talking to you in the first place?

Now now, calm calm. How bout I divert where the current convo is going, and ask you a few questions kermit!
I found out from your signature(!) that you have the same cpu and mobo that I am very interested in aquiring.
Wanted to know if you had any complaints / raves about this setup?
How does it handle games?
Judging from the research I've done in the passed few days (A lot) it is the next best option (As far as my budget goes) other than buying a low end AMD 64 to set myself up better for feature upgrades.
Thanks!

I am sure a few of you on here would love to lend a helping hand, and I thank you in advanced. Here are my current computer specs:
Compaq Model 5000US
Duron 750Mhz (upgradable to...I am not sure, 1.4?)
Generic Mobo
Radeon 7000 64MB DDR
192MB SD100 Ram

I'm currently working towards upgrading from a system that is quite similar to this.

Here's what I'm going for as a general comparison (your mileage/pricing may vary)

Sempron 2400 mated to a Gigabyte 7vm400amf motherboard (all together about 170 cdn dollars)

256mb pc 3200 ram(if I remember rightly that will set me back about $70 or so)

and a decent case/psu(probably about $60) that I haven't decided on yet.

That puts me at about 300 bucks canadian so I think that might be a shade over your limit.

I'm assuming that you have a hard drive or two handy for the rest right? This gets me onboard everything and a proc of decent speed for general usage and light gaming.

An option to look at maybe?

wind3d said:
Now now, calm calm. How bout I divert where the current convo is going, and ask you a few questions kermit!
I found out from your signature(!) that you have the same cpu and mobo that I am very interested in aquiring.
Wanted to know if you had any complaints / raves about this setup?
How does it handle games?
Judging from the research I've done in the passed few days (A lot) it is the next best option (As far as my budget goes) other than buying a low end AMD 64 to set myself up better for feature upgrades.
Thanks!

Cant say enough good about it , I used this mobo with an athlon2700+ and over clocked it to 420MHZ or 210FSB if you prefere. I love my Gigaybyte and I have always been pleased with them.

And yes why go low end 64 I mean if you were to go 939 pin thats one thing but other than that imho your better off with a good 32 bit.

Handle games well with the 9800 pro and the Audigy2 ZS we play everything on the market , DOOM 3 , Painkiller, Halo, Half life 2 , Far Cry , NFSU2 , Rome Total War , and tons of others , I have 5 kids besides me that play here we have 2 Setups the other is my 2700+ on the MSI K7N2G with a FX5700 Ultra.

But yes I would buy all this again if needed no complaints at all from any of the things I have in SIG! lol

Thanks to both of you!
When I first made this thread I expected no where near this amount of feedback.
You guys are great, I couldn't ask for anything else from ya's...
Thanks again.

5 kids!......... i think the mods needs to include age in the profile..........

about the vid card thing......... thing is you were laughing or loling when the low end cards were mentioned. I thought you were laughing at the people who actually use such cards....what i meant was not everyone is into gamming either coz they are not interested or they simply dont have the money to buy $300 cards........BTW i think both companies are great...

ok so you have a few thousand posts, but uve been here a long time. I joined less then a month ago so I dont see how you can compare that......Also ive been with other forums for over 3years and have a lot more then 2000 posts.... actually mate forget everything..........who cares about post numbers anyways? it's the content that counts.
Quality is more important then Quantity.....:D

Well thats why I dont have 12,000 post's here.

no I remember when I started here I had an IBM aptiva with a 4.5 gig hard drive , 128 mb sdram 100 mhz and 400mhz cpu.

As for low end cards I would suggest staying away at all costs and looking for someone who is selling an older higher end card.

The 9800pro was in the 600$US range and is now $200US the card is not any slower and there is no game on the market we cant play.

There is a guy on ebay and he has a very good rep. He sells cards by the ton I suggest you look there I got my 9800 PRO for 182$US plus shipping bla bla ...

http://search.ebay.ca/_W0QQgotopage...dsperpageZ50QQsosortorderZ1QQsosortpropertyZ1

There is brand new cards selling for some very low prices ..

Thanks, but the auction has ended, and I am looking for a higher end card than that anyways. I'll probably be getting a 256MB card with Direct X9* support :)
Thanks again mate.

None at all I missed getting back to you on this

peace :

And your welcome for any help I might have been able to give.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back