[UPDATED 04/12] Huge discounts from Dell - $750 off notebooks!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by NetRyder, Feb 18, 2005.

1. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Thread Updated - check last post for latest codes

Just thought someone might be interested in jumping on one of these. Most of them expire after a certain number of uses, so if you're considering, you might want to act quick. ;)

Notebooks: (Scroll down for displays)
    Displays:

Sazar likes this.
  2. Keshik

Keshik OSNN Addict

Re: HUGE discounts from Dell - notebooks/displays!

nice, thanks for the heads up

3. GMeagle86

GMeagle86 OSNN Addict

Too bad they don't work on the 9200. I'm hoping to get that laptop.

4. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

just an fyi... please do not attempt to use the small business or affiliate discounts primarily because they do not apply to people who are not either affiliates or small business setups... if you must pay heed to the following...

they require certain prerequisites to be met and certain purchase methods and usually do not work with general buyers looking for a purchase... and generally the affiliate section does not use coupon codes unless certain conditions are met... make sure to read the fine print...

currently, through monday I believe, there is a president's day special sale going on with the affiliate program if you have a discount structure setup already (many people do qualify) so check it out... its a standardised percentage discount.. not coupon based...

NetRyder likes this.
  5. NetRyder

Thanks Saz :)

6. Sazar

;)

saves time all round if people know how these things work...

Snowknight26 likes this.
  7. NetRyder

Yeah, I actually didn't even see the affiliate part until you mentioned it. Posted it mainly for the "Dell Home" coupon codes.

8. NetRyder

Ok, with regards to the President's Day discounts that Sazar was mentioning earlier - I received an email with the details:
    http://www1.us.dell.com/content/topics/promo.aspx/systems/discount_systems_pct?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

This seems to include the XPS and the 9200 as well. ;)

9. synical33

synical33 X2 & Lovin' It

i dont freakin get it what is an AFFILIATE i was about to buy the 2005FP but i read the only AFFILIATES so does that me a normal person like me wont count???

10. Re: HUGE discounts from Dell - notebooks/displays!

wow netryder you really must be a big dell fan

11. ~bk

~bk I Political User

What about Pocket DJ? :p

12. NetRyder

I don't usually see discount codes for the DJ or PocketDJ. Guess they're already really well-priced for what you get. :D

@synical33: I'm not really sure what you should do. I've seen the codes posted on a few different sites, and people have been using them. That's all I can say really.

13. GMeagle86

GMeagle86 OSNN Addict

Yeah those % off deals seem to be fairly good. I haven't been following them for a while, but I was wondering is that a good deal--25% off a 9200?

I am going to get a laptop in the next 2-3 months, and I want to get a good deal, but I also want it to be a nice one. I really like the style of the 9200, but I just wish it had a few different featues. like the new removable video card. I have also heard some complaints about their nice screen, I think it is the upgrade model-the WUXGA+.

Any thoughts?

14. NetRyder

25% off is pretty good. There's always a chance some better deal could come along later, but you really can't help that. I remember a $750 off deal that came sometime last year...there should be a thread about that somewhere here. You can't beat something like that. It was a frenzy. :p

I've seen the 9200, and while it's a rather large machine (17" after all), I was happy to see that it wasn't bulky like the 9100 and XPS. It uses the new design like the 700m (and I love the 700m). It has very good battery life for a machine with those specs - I believe PCMag found it was about 5 hours, but it could be lower. As far as the screen goes, I really can't say. The display model I saw at the kiosk was off. With that said, I've seen the displays on the 5100 (I have one), 5150, 600m, XPS and 8600, and they were all very good. My dad also has a 700m and the reflective screen is absolutely gorgeous...unfortunately, it's the only Dell notebook with that kind of screen. I really don't see why the 9200 would be an exception. If it is, Dell probably screwed up somewhere. :)

15. Henyman

Henyman Secret Goat Fetish Political User

i think sazar should post more coupons :p ;)

great thanx NetRyder:D

16. ~bk

~bk I Political User

I saw once where Dell wasn't charging you for shipment for Pocket DJ.

17. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Just waiting on a UK compatible coupon ... around March 1st ;) :D

18. Sazar

I would if I could :)

I don't work in the department that deals with coupons... I am loosely assosciated with the affiliates...

affiliates, for the most part == organisations with which an individual is assosciated with through which they can get a percentage discount (usually between 2-12% additional over and above other promotions @ the time) and not including coupons unless there is a specific coupon being used...

if you are making personal purchases for computers (desktops/notebooks) and the organisation (school/work) you are with in the US is affiliated with Dell, get your member ID number and contact dell and get your system... simple enough...

does not apply to peripheral/electronics/software purchases unless they are purchased in conjunction with the discount structure applied to a computer...

I know its confusing, sort of, but its actually not that difficult to fathom once you digest my b.s. :)

19. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

The company I work for has an affiliation with Dell, some sweet deals :)

Also have one with IBM, gonna check their stuff out tomorrow

20. NetRyder

Ah, those are regular deals that keep coming off and on. I was talking about coupon codes.