Update AVG 7.0 - AVI 260.2.8 and AVG 6.0 - 536 (haha, me first!!!)

well, they are still updating the software as well as the AV definitions, so I guess it is all clear for now. As long as there is no free version 7, i guess they will continue version 6. it's a way of getting the customer hooked, i guess!

EJ :)

Update AVG 7.0 - AVI 261.4.2 and AVG 6.0 - 551

Added detection of I-Worm/Scold, Worm/Bodiru, VBS/Ryon and new variants of trojan Proxy.
- December 11, 2003 -

Update AVG 7.0 - AVI 261.5.0 and AVG 6.0 - 552

Added detection of Worm/Nvrdoc, Worm/Heher, Worm/Francette, Win32/Sogost and new variants of Worm/Agobot, Worm/Spybot, trojan IRC/BackDoor.Flood, trojan IRC/BackDoor.SdBot.
- December 15, 2003 -

http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_index.php

lol still doing that:(

save yourself some time and maybe get out the house a bit more?
Set auto updates on and forget all about it...

please dont give me the crap about saving memory resources? how cheap is RAM nowadays?:D

Originally posted by -kReV-
lol still doing that:(

save yourself some time and maybe get out the house a bit more?
Set auto updates on and forget all about it...

please dont give me the crap about saving memory resources? how cheap is RAM nowadays?:D

Well, if you can tell me how to configure AVG6 to apss my proxy server, I'll enable the autoupdate.

HOWEVER, I also like to keep a tap on what is happening on my system, hence I manually check for updates. If you don't like it, just ignore the threadand btw: I am at work, so even if I did not post, I would not be out and about! ;)

EJ :D

I agree, when a person can, they should configure their avg to auto ev ery day

I have my box scheduled for every twenty four hours

at least three times, elroy posted updates before my avg did it on it's own.

today was one of those days btw.

that's a great service.

my father is pop up lame...I can't even put a decent firewall on his box, because he'd flip out.

this thread reminds me to get it for him also.

I'm gratefull he does this

well im away from server a lot.. just occasionaly remote in.. my updates are scheduled @ 9am, 6pm, and 1am, cant believe you waste your time with it manually thats all.. well each too his own i guess:eek:

Update AVG 7.0 - AVI 261.5.1 and AVG 6.0 - 553

Added detection new variants of I-Worm/Sober, Worm/Agobot.
- December 18, 2003 -

this time my scheduler got to it before you told me about it.

thanx for the heads up anyway elroy

Update AVG 7.0 - AVI 261.5.2 and AVG 6.0 - 554

Added detection new variants of I-Worm/Sober.
- December 20, 2003 -

once again, you've let me know before the program updated on it's own...thanx again elroy

it's been out for 2 days, though, what are your settings for the update checker???

glad it helps someone here.... EJ :)

Originally posted by dealer
I'm set to update every day....wonder what's up with this

That's why I prefer to do the manual check! ... just to be sure! (plus because I have to, due to the proxy settings!)

Update AVG 7.0 - AVI 261.5.3 and AVG 6.0 - 555

Added detection of new viruses Worm/Apsiv, I-Worm/Beglur and new variants of trojan Downloader.Istbar.
- December 23, 2003 -

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back