Unstable with high end games & 3D Mark 2001 SE v.330

Discussion in 'Benchmarks & Performance' started by TCi, Dec 28, 2002.

1. TCi

TCi Guest

I have this problem with playing higend games lately. After I cleaned my computer, and after I put it together again it was kind of unstable...

It restarts randomly in some new games and some games may have some graphic glitches,

Soundcards drivers: newest
    Graphic-card: newest (42.01)
    Directx 9 installed
    VIA 4 in 1 v4.43 installed

Could it be a hardware problem with my motherboard or could it be my powersupply??

Current system specs as below....

Thanks in advance!

2. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

You cleaned your computer. One may wonder how and what exactly you did * gets scary thoughts *

First of all, restarts, make sure the ram is nicely fitted, along with the CPU cooler on the CPU...

I cleaned my old dell once, zapped mobo with static, and it kept doing what yours did...

3. TCi

TCi Guest

Yea I'm also worried that the mobo got some static.... :(

Do you or anyone know of some system-check tools of some kind that could give me a clue??

4. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

I think the only thing that checks for static is how the system behaves. I doubt there is any proggie for that.

5. TCi

TCi Guest

Let's hope it holds together until next summer..:confused: , my next upgrade :cool:

6. TCi

TCi Guest

I tested my system at the default clockspeeds and it seem stable at 1.0Ghz So I think it also could be my powersupply which is starting to get worn out... it is at only 250 watt...

7. R@GE

R@GE Guest

8. TCi

TCi Guest

I just figure out that it was the spundcard. Each time I installed it, it made my machine unbootable.

So I have to invest in a new one.

Thanks for your patience