Unreal Tournament error

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by EuphoricIAM, Aug 10, 2002.

1. EuphoricIAM

EuphoricIAM Guest

I recently got my hands on a copy of Unreal Tournament and I haven't been able to play it yet. Whenever I try to play it online over Gamespy Arcade, as soon as I initialize there is an XP error message telling me that UnrealTournament.icd has encountered a problem and had to close, it never works. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it but that doesnt seem to help....

2. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

well copy version , hmm , reminds me some bad memories with some games like that ..

3. EuphoricIAM

EuphoricIAM Guest

nah its not a copy version, its a regular off the shelf game, should be perfect.

4. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

have you tested it on other PC ?

5. EuphoricIAM

EuphoricIAM Guest

yes, it actually belongs to a friend of mine....hehe...which makes it kind of illegal...but it should still work

6. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

IF this game really matters for you try to reinstall XP ( fresh ) , but first describe us your sytem . A fresh new XP install will surelly repair this ..

7. EuphoricIAM

EuphoricIAM Guest

oh man i dont wanna reinstall xp...i dont even have the xp disc.\
    my system is an HP Athlon 1.3Ghz, 384mb SDRAM, 32mb S3 Savage on board shared video, 40gig hdd, CDRW

8. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

It seems that installation is responsable for this type of error .. :rolleyes:

9. EuphoricIAM

EuphoricIAM Guest

what do u mean, i bought this computer with xp preinstalled a few months ago, i didnt pirate the xp too