UNREAL TOURNAMENT AND UED2!! endless problems!

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by pHANTOMpHREAK, Dec 4, 2001.

1. is anyone else having COUNTLESS problems wiht unreal tournament and ued2?? for some reason i cant map wiht ued2 in xp now! IT JUST WONT WORK, when i rebuild the brush wont appear and so on! xp crippled ued2!! an in ut alone i get countless problems, sound going all sketchy and disstorted. cant adjust brightness, and a BUNCH of other problems! ANYONE ELSE HAVING THESE PROBLEMS?!?!?!

2. Some Problems

pHANTOM, my UED is screwey too, but i think thats jut UED. Check Unrealtorunament.com for patches, i think I saw them somewhere. It has killed a lot of work ive done on my newest map, locking up and disappearing at random intervals right when i forgot to save an hours worht of work. Other than that, its OK. As for scratchy UT sound, bring up the sysconsol ( ~ key) and type in preferences. Go to Advanced>Audio and set Directsound to FALSE. THis worked for me, ive got an SBLive Platinum 5.1 and it sounds scratch like that in WinME as well, it is a directsound issue. Lemme knwo if this helps any, and post your UT version (hope youve got 4.36) and sound card/drivers specs.