Unreal Tournament 2004

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Kr0m, Aug 31, 2004.

1. Kr0m

Kr0m Moderator

How many users here have this and play it online?
    I've got it but haven't spent much time with it (I'm still hooked on Urban Terror for Quake 3).
    Do you mainly play the default gametypes or mods? I've installed Frag Ops and it looks ok, just wondering what everyone else is into.

2. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Never played it online, but really like Onslaught bot matches.
    I will going into online gmaing big time (well even more) once I get broadband at the end of february.

Apparently Red Opera is good. How is Urban Terror on the RTCW:ET engine coming along? ET rocks.

3. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

You dont play online... because you SUCK. I would own you, Punk. :p

Frag Ops and the whole 400megs of CBP vol 1 and 2 of maps... :D

4. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

I play it online and I am the worst player ever, but its just so much fun

5. logisticprism

logisticprism Time Dr. Freeman?

i've been playing it online off and on ever since i got it in may. by far the best multiplayer for a fps besides counterstrike.

6. EP - I got Red Orchestra, but didn't really like it. It's damned hard to play, and the bots suck beyond belief; they don't do anything except sit around looking at each other. Only good multiplayer.

7. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

:eek: aaargh... unleased can you PLEASE not edit your text to that crappy color...

-----

anyways... I had the game... I finished the SP... played some MP... gave it to a m8 coz I got bored...

haven't played any mp games in ages :)

I reckon once I get hl2 I'll be back online fragging away... or reload ET for a game or two... :cool:

8. Actually, I'm doing you a favour. You see, bold indigo text is the easiest colour to perceive on a light background, so I'm reducing eye strain for you.

9. Kr0m

Kr0m Moderator

Getting those community map packs now.
    Ever try the Paint ball mod?
    I'm not real interested in Red Orchestra.
    I see there's gonna be a Fortress mod for it, Unreal Fortress: Evolution. YEE YEE! Fortress anything rocks.
    http://dynamic5.gamespy.com/~unf2003/?pg=home

EP, Urban Terror is kind of at a stand still right now. SID took a much needed vacation. No real time frame on ET:UT. I'm hoping the Q3F guys get theirs ported over to ET as well.

I've got ET installed and have dabbled in it but I'm not a real fan of the game or time setting it's in. The weapons etc... don't really do anything for me.

10. Just for you Sazar, if you really want me to stop, I will :)

11. onimkron

onimkron OSNN Senior Addict

Great game, single player with bots is ok for a while, but loading Red Orchestra up for multiplayer gaming is where it starts to get really exciting (I love those ww2 sims, and probably because I'm really bad at DM). The game looks beautiful on high-detail settings :)

About the dodgy bots in Red Orchestra; apparently it's unsupported at the moment, the dev team are concentrating their efforts elsewhere within the mod. So, at the moment, multiplayer is the only way to go.

12. Geffy

paintball mod? where can I get that?

13. Kr0m

Kr0m Moderator

http://www.planetunreal.com/ums/

I got looking at Red Orchestra's website. Looks neat, I guess I'm gonna try it.

Geffy likes this.
  14. Geffy

cheers

15. Wrathchild

Wrathchild OSNN Senior Addict

I play UT2004/Onslaught daily. I enjoy wading, ankle-deep, through the blood of all who oppose me, then I like to have a light snack.

;-)

-Wrathchild

16. Electronic Punk

Why paintball when you can maim and gib?

17. vern

vern Dominus Political User Folding Team

I have it. It's been a while since I have played it online. I usually play mods though.

18. Electronic Punk

It crashes when I quit the game (ie BSOD, reboot) and when I try to rerun it throws up errors until I reboot :eek:

Will have to have words with NVIDIA.

19. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

WOW, Punk you're the first person who I've heard have a stability problem with UT2004. Most stable game I've ever seen this early in it's life cycle.

Play daily (LeGen). Some mods are good some are really sad. The mods seem to have more of a lag problem than the Basic release and the CB1 and CB2 packs.