Unreal and anope

S

Spock7291

Sorry you games players, I'm refering to the Unreal IRC software. ;)

I have recently changed my chatroom from ratbox to Unreal3.2-beta18 and am trying to install the anope1.4.26 services.

For some reason the services will not connect. Since you seem to have aquired a chatroom, I thought I would ask in here to see if there is anyone available who can help me troubleshoot where I went wrong ...

[Oct 30 12:49:48.595844 2003] debug: Received: : irc.pctalk.info NOTICE AUTH :*** Checking ident...
[Oct 30 12:49:48.596010 2003] unknown message from server :) irc.pctalk.info NOTICE AUTH :*** Checking ident...)
[Oct 30 12:49:48.596392 2003] debug: Received: : irc.pctalk.info NOTICE AUTH :*** Couldn't resolve your hostname; using your IP address instead
[Oct 30 12:49:48.596578 2003] unknown message from server :) irc.pctalk.info NOTICE AUTH :*** Couldn't resolve your hostname; using your IP address instead)
[Oct 30 12:49:48.596907 2003] debug: Received: : irc.pctalk.info NOTICE AUTH :*** Received identd response
[Oct 30 12:49:48.597062 2003] unknown message from server :) irc.pctalk.info NOTICE AUTH :*** Received identd response)
[Oct 30 12:49:48.597490 2003] debug: Received: ERROR :Link denied (Authentication failed) [viningc@69.50.166.15.3391]
[Oct 30 12:49:48.597595 2003] unknown message from server (ERROR :Link denied (Authentication failed) [viningc@69.50.166.15.3391])
[Oct 30 12:49:48.598033 2003] debug: Received: ERROR :Closing Link: [69.50.166.15] (Link denied (Authentication failed))
[Oct 30 12:49:48.598299 2003] unknown message from server (ERROR :Closing Link: [69.50.166.15] (Link denied (Authentication failed)))
[Oct 30 12:49:48.598494 2003] Read error from server: Connection reset by peer
[Oct 30 12:49:48.598604 2003] debug: Sent: :services.pctalk.info SQUIT services.pctalk.info :Read error from server: Connection reset by peer

It appears that there is a password problem? In the Unrealircd.conf, I have set both the password-connect and the password-receive variable to the same password, so hopefully it cannot be that.

OK, time for an update. I now have the services and the server talking to each other, but they are talking giberish.

I compiled both and everything appears to be working properly until I /join a new channel I want to create and register.

When I get in the channel I am an OP in the channel as normal.
I give the command to register the channel, i.e., /ChanServ register #garp testpass test
When I give the command to register the channel, I get the error, "ChanServ- You must be a channel operator to register the channel."

Before, the problem was shared equally by both sides in that I had not set the passwords properly. It appears there is still something not connecting here. Now, it looks like it's all on the anope side.

I don't really want to compile them both without any security at all. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I've come too far now to want to go back to ratbox!

OK, I now have anope-1.4.26 services talking to Unreal3.2-beta18 ... kinda sorta.

I compiled both and everything appears to be working properly until I /join a new channel I want to create and register.

When I get in the channel I am an OP in the channel as normal.
I give the command to register the channel, i.e., /ChanServ register #garp testpass test
When I give the command to register the channel, I get the error, "ChanServ- You must be a channel operator to register the channel."

Before, the problem was shared equally by both sides in that I had not set the passwords properly. It appears there is still something not connecting here. Now, it looks like it's all on the anope side.

I don't really want to compile them both without any security at all. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I've come too far now to want to go back to ratbox!

Another update:
I just upgraded to anope-1.5.8 on someone's recommendation. Have the same problems, even after removing the contents of the services folder before install.

I'm sure it's something I've done. Wonder how hard I will kick myself when the problem is finally figured out?

OK, problem solved. I basically wiped both server and services and did clean, default installs. There was also a problem with the way I had set up the services.conf that was solved by a couple of helpful users.

I was really getting desparate! I knew it had to be something with the conf file, but don't yet have the experience to be able to find it.

Thanks to all for their help! Feel free to visit any time. I don't have a large server, so cannot support a large client base (the host only allows 500), but short visits are fine.

I will be setting up #ServTalk where users will be encouraged to discuss other servers/chatrooms and even set up rendevous to meet and go elsewhere. Since I set the chat server up for educational purposes, I don't expect, or want, a large resident user base, but transient is fine. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back