Unread Mail

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by SpaceMan, Dec 3, 2001.

1. SpaceMan

SpaceMan Guest

Howzit Guys

Can anyone help with this one, I use Outlook XP - on XP Logon screen you can see unread e-mail messages from MSN Messenger is there a way to change this so that it reflects Outlook unread mail ???????

Thanx
    :D

2. Braniac

Braniac Guest

??? I use outlook xpress and no messenger, however i can see my unread mails!

3. Ann

Ann Guest

Hey Spaceman

I have Windows XP also and have MSN. As far as I can tell, the message on the logon screen that you have "X" unread e-mail messages is designed to make you crazy. One day it says I have 35 unread messages, one day it says I have 6 unread messages--none of these bear any resemblance to the reality of how many messages I have under MSN or any of my other e-mail programs.

Interestingly, once after I ran my antivirus program, the inaccurate message about e-mail messages went away! It came back though. I have read lots of other comments on various forums about this problem and I have seen no solution. I have decided to just ignore those silly messages! I'm going to log on and check my e-mail anyway, so why stress about this little XP demon!

Peace
    Ann

4. SpaceMan

SpaceMan Guest

:rolleyes:

Hey Ann, just thought it'll be nice if it could work, as I said I log on to exchange and even though it reflects mail @ msn, nothing from Outlook. This is one of those nice things that's not a necesarry thing...

SpaceMan

5. Braniac

Braniac Guest

I don´t think it´s designed to show both emails from msn AND outlook, maybe it´s either or.

6. Akash

Akash OSNN Senior Addict

Must be if you have a permanent connection... cant exactly check unread mail unless you're online and msn has checked it form inbox....

to disable it, i am sure i saw something in TweakUI and/or X-setup

Tweakui can be downloaded from downloads section