Unmountable Boot Volume in XP

Nismo83

OSNN AZN Addict
Is there a fix for this? If yes, please let me know the link. I'm facing this problem for a few days and my presentation coming in a week and i dun think my supervisor would be pleased to see that blue *fu^%&$#* M*CROS0FT error msg. :mad:

It maybe a damaged file system.
To fix it, please follow this 2 step methtod: 1. boot from the XP cd and lanuch the Recovery Console 2. Type chkdsk /r at the command prompt and when it is finished, Type exit to reboot and if it doesen't work, Go back to the console and type fixboot instead of chkdsk

Welcome to the forums ViperSnake. :)

Just a bit more for you Nismo83. If the above doesn't do it see if this applies.

""A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

If this is the first time you've seen this error screen, restart your computer. If this screen apppears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation ask your hardware of software manuufacturer for any windows update you might need.

If the problems continue, , disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable compontents, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.""

hey, that's what the STOP screen says (unmountable_boot_volume is a STOP ereor which are XP's verison of the Blue Screen Of Death! :) )

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back