Unlocking screen saver password ??

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by webshogun, Feb 14, 2003.

1. webshogun

webshogun Guest

Hey fellas .. is there anyway to unlock a screen saver which is passworded without restarting the system? i.e when u walk into a department store, and they have system's on display, and you want to examine the system specs, but the system has a screensaver password ... is there a key sequence around this ??

2. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

I really like the way you worded it, but...

DON'T ASK... :eek: :cool:

There is always some sort of paper/pamphlet/printout, etc... with the system's specs. :p

3. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

Hmmm

Someone up to a lil mischief?

4. gonaads

Ha ha ha... Yep. :p

5. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Yeah that's a real pain in the butt when that happens. Makes ya wanna throw a sissy fit. I guess that's the way the guy in the shop get's his daily laugh. :D :D

6. webshogun

webshogun Guest

ROFL .. nah man, no trouble .. just want to see systems specs, but salesman thinks he is smarter ... lol ... so is it possible fellas?

7. gonaads

Aaaaaaah... It's a Dik thing. :p :p

8. webshogun

webshogun Guest

sure is .. this guys knows **** bout systems, he cant hack that i know more, but he has this screen saver thingy over me . .DOH!

9. gonaads

hahahahahaha!!! :p :p

Reboot the sys and trash the bios... it's probably not pass protected. :rolleyes: :cool:

10. gonaads

Ummmmmm... I did NOT say that. :eek: :p

11. webshogun

webshogun Guest

rebooting the system .. defeats the purpose of beating the screen saver password .. .this has to be done while he stands next to me. So he can faint .. ROFL

12. Henyman

Henyman Secret Goat Fetish Political User

cant be done....or rather u aint gona be told how here (read forum guildlies)

13. MdSalih

MdSalih The Boss

My local PC Word using some weird demo program to keep users out... no screen saver or nothing... is pretty easy to get out off with a simple ctrl+alt+del -> end task...

But the funny thing is... *all* the systems have a sticky label on the side of them with the CD-Key for the installation of windows xp on the system... as well as nero and a few other progs... was going to spot it out to the salesman... but then i though.. naah :p

MdSalih

14. Henyman

Henyman Secret Goat Fetish Political User

same here @ skool all the comps have a serial number + activation key on em :confused:

15. Nismo83

Nismo83 OSNN AZN Addict

shut down and restart the PC using the power button plenty of times till the HDD go kaboomz..