Unknown Beep

A

alloy25

When i logon to my comp ..I get to the desktop and hear an alert beep like something has errored...but there is no erroe window..????

I went into event veiwer and found the following .......

Plz help me fix this prob as it starting to get annoying !!!!

Geez I got a lot of probs don't I?????? Oh well...Lifes tuf at the top !!!!:D

Thnx in advanced

Alloy25 :)

Originally posted by alloy25
When i logon to my comp ..I get to the desktop and hear an alert beep like something has errored...but there is no erroe window..????

I went into event veiwer and found the following .......

Plz help me fix this prob as it starting to get annoying !!!!

Geez I got a lot of probs don't I?????? Oh well...Lifes tuf at the top !!!!:D

Thnx in advanced

THIS MAY HELP SOLVE THE PROBLEM !!!!!!!!

Hi, the event you are seeing is a NAV service terminating and is normal activity not a error.

Any errors in the system section of event viewer?

Originally posted by Enyo
Hi, the event you are seeing is a NAV service terminating and is normal activity not a error.

Any errors in the system section of event viewer?

I have cut and pasted the two events you are talking about....Can you tell me why the same program is loading the same thing twice??????

There is no errors as such, but that is the noise im getting.......

You'll see they r the same except for the " event ID:" is different ...One says "1" and the other says"2"......indicating to me it is doing something twice...There-fore it beeps at me....

Just annoying :mad:

Any input would be good on how to stop it !!!!!!

How can it be a service terminating wen it happens wen I turn my comp on???????

Alloy25

Ok now thats not an error .... if it was it would have a red circle as the icon ....

when did this start?

have you installed something new?

Made any changes to some settings ( tweaks ) ...

Also look in the event viewer ( system ) and see ..... if you find any red circles .... and a service can load on start up and shut down seconds later ... so the fact that your booting does not mean something does not load only for a short time .. but besides all that think back what did you change before this started ... cant remember ? ok so then how about trying a system restore to a few days back will it stop? .... if it does not then come back to where you are now .... I am sure you will find it ...

Originally posted by alloy25
How can it be a service terminating wen it happens wen I turn my comp on???????

Alloy25

The service does not run all the time, it starts and stops as needed by NAV so you will see run and term events for it.

Its not an error and is not causing the sound but you can always remove NAV and NIS is you want to check what im saying.

As said above check the system section for errors thats where the clues are going to be :)

I dont see where this is nav or nis ...... we dont see any error's yet ... and the event he showed .. is not an error ... so back to looking in the event viewer ( system ) and see if we can find the error ... and if you look in the event viewer and one is 1 and the other is 2 . in the description chances are that ie 1 = start , 2= stop or vice verca ......

Originally posted by Kermit
I dont see where this is nav or nis ...... we dont see any error's yet ... and the event he showed .. is not an error ... so back to looking in the event viewer ( system ) and see if we can find the error ... and if you look in the event viewer and one is 1 and the other is 2 . in the description chances are that ie 1 = start , 2= stop or vice verca ......

The events are ccpasswd events created by a supporting service for nav when it starts and stops. 1 and 2 do releate to start and stop. This is normal activity so is not an issue!

I know we dont see any errors and im not saying we are :confused:

I have said the same as you kermit above, i know we need to look for errors in the system section.

You are right ....one is "application started" and the other is"Application Terminated"....

The "ccPwdSvc" is a Symentac shared Application........and I have NAV 2003 Pro and NIS 2003 installed on my comp.......

I never said I had an error , but I did say that the beep sounds like an error beep ........

I went into system like you said and found the following errors...but they don't correspond to the beep.....the pic may help..there are four together.....see wat you make of it????

I have not installed anything except for dvd software and dvd backup software & IE 6 in the last week wen the beep.....started.........but the beep was there before I installed all of the above...WEIRD :(

Hope all this info helps
Win XP SP1
866 MHZ PIII
384 SD RAM

Alloy25

Alloy25, the ACPI errors are not of concern and will not be the issue so that rules one thing out. ACPI errors would not generate any visual or audible alert as they are recorded before logon.
They only releate to a incompatablitiy between windows and your motherboard.

Is the beep generated from the internal pc speaker or the speakers using a windows sound e.g the critical error sound?

Also a list of starting apps may help at this stage. You can use the app below to generate a log which u can paste into the forum.

http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/startuplist.zip

I hope I was not coming off wrong I was not trying to argue a point ...:D its just that if we focus on nav and nis we might be beeping up the wrong tree <<lol punny huh?

The beep you hear it is from your desktop speakers? or the system speaker?

and do you see ( i know its not easy ) but what is loading on the taskbar when beep sounds?

I cant see anything in that last pic .. that error is not what we are looking for ( at least not in my opinion )

do you have a program that can give you a list of all the applications that start up with your machine ?

here is a good one its free for 30 days it will allow you to see all the programs that load on start and you can troubleshoot by unchecking one at a time .. might just find the culprit this way .. its called system mechanic http://www.iolo.com

Kermit its wierd how were thinking the same things now :happy:

This is evidence that techs are indeed brainwashed.

Yea its not nav for once in its live its not causing a problem :eek:

StartupList above will spill a log of what we desire! Plus its a freeb!

Kermit its wierd how were thinking the same things now :happy:

This is evidence that techs are indeed brainwashed.

Yea its not nav for once in its live its not causing a problem :eek:

StartupList above will spill a log of what we desire! Plus its a freeb!

LOL GMTA .......... great minds think alike

I hope I was not coming off wrong I was not trying to argue a point ...:D its just that if we focus on nav and nis we might be beeping up the wrong tree <<lol punny huh?

The beep you hear it is from your desktop speakers? or the system speaker?

and do you see ( i know its not easy ) but what is loading on the taskbar when beep sounds?

I cant see anything in that last pic .. that error is not what we are looking for ( at least not in my opinion )

do you have a program that can give you a list of all the applications that start up with your machine ?

here is a good one its free for 30 days it will allow you to see all the programs that load on start and you can troubleshoot by unchecking one at a time .. might just find the culprit this way .. its called system mechanic http://www.iolo.com

Luckily I already have that System Mechanic( Gr8 Proggy ) and here is wat it says.......

SORRY.....the sound is coming from my desktop speakers.......and it sounds like an error but I KNOW IT ISN"T AN ERROR......

Alloy25, the ACPI errors are not of concern and will not be the issue so that rules one thing out. ACPI errors would not generate any visual or audible alert as they are recorded before logon.
They only releate to a incompatablitiy between windows and your motherboard.

Is the beep generated from the internal pc speaker or the speakers using a windows sound e.g the critical error sound?

Also a list of starting apps may help at this stage. You can use the app below to generate a log which u can paste into the forum.

http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/startuplist.zip

Wat do you mean by this Enyo??????? (ACPI errors)

do you have "desktop explorer shell extension" enabled in nview properties?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back