Unistalling IE 6 on XP

E

Erazer_

It seems I have a problem with IE6 on my WinXP system. So I want ot reinstall it but can't as I've upgraded it to the latest version.
When trying to do a fresh install, it stops saying "your version is newer than the one you're trying to install".
So I try remove my version but can't find how as it's not listed in the Add/Remove Programs...
I've looked on many Xp tips and tricks sites but can't find how to.
Do you know that

There are a tech note at Microsoft that tells how to reinstall/uninstall IE6 on XP System. I don't remember the tech note number but I' sure you will find it at MS if you search.

(You can also see my other post, I think I wrote the tech note no.)

;) ;)

Also find how to reinstall IE - MS Tech Q304872 Unable to Install IE 6 on Win XP.
;) ;) ;)

Erazer_,
I have same problem before....so i suggest you...u can go to safe mode of win xp....then...reinstall IE6 thats will work! thats whad i did it :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back