Uninstalling Vista beta 2

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Guybrush, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Guybrush

Guybrush Village Idiot

I have upgraded my PC from Windows XP to Windows Vista and I am having quite a few problem since, so I wish to revert back to Windows XP. Can someone advise me how, if possible to uninstall Vista without formatting my HDD.

Many thanks in advance

2. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

You can't downgrade an OS. If you put the Windows XP installation CD in it will not give you the option to "upgrade" or "re-install".

You shouldn't have installed Windows Vista on your production system, it is meant for testing purposes only (on a system that doesn't contain production data).

3. EuroTrash

EuroTrash Coaster Live!

Yeah, Guybrush, Madmatt is right. The only way you can revert now is with a reformat. Kinda sucks but happens. Vista imo is kinda bunk now if you want it for a main OS, but as he said, it is just for testing purposes right now....all of that is expected.

4. Luna

Luna OSNN Senior Addict Folding Team

I was not aware that Vista offered an Upgrade option yet. How did you install it?

5. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

I believe that was added in Beta 2, it gives you the chance to perform an upgrade installation similar to how you can do it with XP over 2K now :D

6. Guybrush

Guybrush Village Idiot

Many thanks guys. Reformatted and back up and running.

I will wait for the final release version to appear next year and try again!