Uninstall MSBlaster Patch

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by NegativeFactor, Sep 8, 2003.

1. This is a strange request but, does anyone know how to remove the MS released patch to overcome the MSBlast problem?

If you click remove from the add/remove programs the title simply disapears from the list and I suspect it does nothing else.

If you are wondering why I am asking this, it is because we have a machine within our company that hasn't worked correctly since the patch was applied. It could be conincidence, but I don't think so.

I have the feeling that this can not be done.

2. Enyo

Enyo Moderator

3. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

You can also see if Gibson's DCOMbobulator works any better.

4. j79zlr

j79zlr Glaanies script monkey Political User

uhh, I'm surprised noone has mentioned this, but I have seen fresh installs without the patch get hit within 1 minute of being online. When I was fixing them I had the patch on a floppy so I could apply it without having to go to M$Update. Just a thought....

5. Thanks for all the help.

My home PC got hit by the virus during a re-installation. I was only without a firewall/anti-virus for about 5 minutes! Should have disconnected the internet really.

6. dadecamp

dadecamp under worked, over paid

2 minutes

Yes, I was hit in less than two minutes trying to get the patch after doing clean install :eek:

7. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

So what's the deal? Is thing just going to roam about forever or will it be killed?

8. Enyo

Enyo Moderator

The original has no pre-programmed termination date. It will continue in the wild for some time but the amount of infected systems and the time they are infected for will drop significantly.

Just patch the system before you put it online!