Uninstall MSBlaster Patch

• Thread starter NegativeFactor
  • Start date
N

NegativeFactor

This is a strange request but, does anyone know how to remove the MS released patch to overcome the MSBlast problem?

If you click remove from the add/remove programs the title simply disapears from the list and I suspect it does nothing else.

If you are wondering why I am asking this, it is because we have a machine within our company that hasn't worked correctly since the patch was applied. It could be conincidence, but I don't think so.

I have the feeling that this can not be done.

uhh, I'm surprised noone has mentioned this, but I have seen fresh installs without the patch get hit within 1 minute of being online. When I was fixing them I had the patch on a floppy so I could apply it without having to go to M$Update. Just a thought....

Thanks for all the help.

My home PC got hit by the virus during a re-installation. I was only without a firewall/anti-virus for about 5 minutes! Should have disconnected the internet really.

2 minutes

Yes, I was hit in less than two minutes trying to get the patch after doing clean install :eek:

So what's the deal? Is thing just going to roam about forever or will it be killed?

The original has no pre-programmed termination date. It will continue in the wild for some time but the amount of infected systems and the time they are infected for will drop significantly.

Just patch the system before you put it online!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back