Uninstall Microsoft Office

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by dreamworks, Jul 16, 2007.

1. dreamworks

dreamworks --== babyface ==--

Hi guys .. I recently bought a new notebook from IBM / Lenovo only to find out that the manufacturer has bundled in Microsoft Office and Microsoft SQL Server 2005.

Truth to be told, I am not a Microsoft Office user and would like to uninstall it from my system. Unfortunately when I click on uninstall programs option, I find a whole bund of list under Microsoft Office.

Isn't there any easier way to do the uninstallation? I didn't ask for it so why do they always have to bundle with crap softwares?

Appreciate if anyone could help me out on this issue. Thank you. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

2. fitz

fitz Just Floating Along Staff Member Political User Folding Team

what version of office? do you have any screenshots? most times, under add/remove programs, you choose to uninstall office, there should be an option to just uninstall it.

Beyond that, my other recommendation that I usually give to anyone that buys a new computer is to wipe and reload using a base install and start fresh without all the crap that most new computer manufactures throw on there.

3. Dark Atheist

Dark Atheist Moderator Political User Folding Team

most of the list under office will probably be updates for office 2003/07 - which ever you are using and as fitz says its safe to uninstall just by clicking remove/uninstall :)