Unerase files on CompactFlash card?

O

OhmEye

Does anyone have a good unerase utility and/or procedure for getting erased pictures off of a CompactFlash card?

I have some precious lost images I need to revive. I just re-installed my WindowsXP Pro operating system, and forgot that I had some files on the disk that I had moved from my CompactFlash card but had not yet archived on CD. BIG OOPS. I haven't yet written anything else to the card, so I should be able to retrieve them. How?

I have Norton SystemWorks, will that do the trick? I was hoping that I could find a small freeware unerase utility as Norton Unerase won't run from the CD and I have been reluctant to install all these programs (I just use WinDoctor directly from the CD). Maybe I'll have to now. . .

Ideas anyone? I just want to make sure I don't try something that's going to blow my chances for ultimate success.

Thanks!!!

You might try www.symantec.com then support, and then search for "recover files".

I just did it and found over 51,000 matches - but you know your situation better than anyone and perhaps you could find somethng that matches you situation!

I know that Norton CleanSweep does the job on a hard drive, but i don't know if it will work on a flash card...

Swi

Yeah, that's what I seem to be discovering. I installed SystemWorks last night and tried to look for the files. Norton Unerase Wizard wouldn't even look in the cardreader (G:) drive. It was like it didn't exist.

There is an option to run Norton from DOS, though I don't think that will help since the USB reader's drivers are loaded in Windows. HMMM, still looking!

Thanks!

Got 'em !!!

DIGITAL IMAGE RECOVERY ROCKS !!!

One of the members of the Yahoo Nikon Coolpix group shared this program with me. I dowloaded, ran, and it found everything I'd lost.

It was easy, effective, and FREE!!!

Thanks for the responses!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back