Under attack!!

• Thread starter robin.munro
  • Start date
R

robin.munro

About every 10-20 mins Norton Firware detects a someone trying to connect to my computer via a trojan (usually deep throat)....

As I understand it, to do this, the trojan is already on my pc... what is the best package to find and get rid of it.... I am already running Norton Antivirus and it is obviously not doing anything...

:(

Thanks for your help...

R

1) Do you have the latest virus definitions? To make sure you have to have NAV set to update automatically (Live Update doesn't necessarily update the virus definitions)

2) If so, do a full system scan with NAV.

Be happy your firewall is protecting you.

Yeah...

Got the latest definitions....

Will do another system scan and see what it picks up.....

Try doing a MicroTrend online search and see what shows up...

u sure its not saying that someone is trying to connect to your computer on a port commonly used by that tojan?? If so this is quite common. No need to worry; firewall is doing its job

every 10 - 20 min thats not to bad LOL im hit about every 2- 3 min :D i have ran AV and trojin scanners all clean i thinks its some ARSS hole trying to scan ranges :D NORTON 2002 Friewall KICKS ARSS

Hey dudes and dudettes,

is Norton really that good??? i keep hearing its not all cracked up to be - i know its all about p.pereference, but just wondering as i have it but never use, i use a little program called NOD from www.nod32.com - and it usually has around 4 updates a week, which is good i think??? anyway will appreciate any feedback on Norton's peformance -

Cheers
G

Thanks all...

Yes my mistake, Norton is actually blocking the trojan BEFORE it gets in....

I have used a number of firewalls and I am unlikely to change from Norton.....

It askes you loads of questions in the first few days of use, but after that it calms down and does it's stuff very well.....

P.S. I blame file shareing programs... I was fine till I touched them and now all hell has broken lose!

Thank again for all you input...:D

The trojan doesn't "get in" by itself. It has to be run from your PC. Once it's running the client part of the software can connect to it. The messages your getting are the result of somebody doing random scans of IP addresses in hopes of connecting to a PC with the trojan running.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back