Uncapping Cable Modems

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by SeeKerS, May 6, 2002.

1. SeeKerS

SeeKerS Guest

Uncapping Cable Modems is legal or not. I got a friend with adelphia power link in souther california and his speeds ranged 1.6 to 1.8 testing them in www.speedguide.net
    Another thing i heard cable companies limit your downloads to 2.5 gigs in every month. if thats true hahahah thats ridiculous speed is good but i donwload huge amounts gigs. I need to know if they do limit your downloads if not i am switching to cable.
  2. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

Some cable companies limit how much you can download per month, some don't. You'd have to call your local cable compay and ask.
  3. dijital

dijital Guest

yup, i've seen a bill for someone in australia that charges a fee per meg after you hit your limit. his bill with over $30000
  4. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

Holy chit!! :eek:
  5. silent_bob

silent_bob Guest

holy sh1t!!!!!!!!!!

Man that would hurt ur wallet!
  6. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Copenhagen, Denmark
    Poor waddy ;)
  7. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

Texas, USA
    Hehe. Do we need some extra sponsors?
  8. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

Uncapping Cable modems is ILLEGAL

As for the gig a month stuff that just depends on the ISP I download well over 35 gig a month and upload about 10

Companies such as AT&T have a policy of banning people who uncap their modems from the service...and I don't mean ban..apologize get service back..I mean they are banned for life from getting cable modem service through AT&T Broadband this is no joke there is a guy on www.DSLreports.com who made the front page because he is begging them to get his acct back but they already said nope heh
  9. seeme

seeme Guest

yeah, im with Telstra Bigpond ADSL (im from australia), it costs me A$89 per month. 512kbs download, 256 upload. i get 3g/b per bonth download and they charge me 20 cents for every meg i go over that. fucking tight arsed buggars.

ive got the shits with them, but due to there being only two companies offering cable, and the fact that i cant get cable to my house AND Telstra is the only company selling ADSL, im stuck.

expensive crappy broadband Vs cheap slow crappy dial up.