Unbelievable photography

Hsn

King
Okay, I posted this on my blog, but I really wanted to share this with all of you.

I was watching news on CTV yesterday night. One of the news stories was on an exhibition being held in Santa Monica, California. It was being held in a custom-built museum, which was designed by a renowned Japanese architect. The museum is called The Nomadic Museum. The Nomadic Museum is what Canadian photographer, Gregory Colbert, uses to exhibit his "Ashes and Snow" project.
Gregory Colbert's Ashes and Snow is an ongoing project that weaves together photographic works, three 35mm films, art installations and a novel in letters. With profound patience and an unswerving commitment to the expressive and artistic nature of animals, he has captured extraordinary, unscripted interactions between humans and animals.

Now, enough of the history. The photographs that this man was able to capture are truly extraordinary. I have never seen anything like this before. It doesn't matter if you're not a fan of photography, go to Ashes and Snow website, click on the 'Enhanced Experience' and navigate around his fantastic work. I was touched. If you are looking for more photos, click here. Although, I believe there is no "best photo" (all of them are amazing, from Colbert swimming with elephants and sperm whales to group photos with cheetahs and chimpanzees), I wanted to give you an example of how his photographs look like:

This man is a genius. If there is ever an exhibition here, I will definitely go.

Awesome Work!!! The pictures rock!!1

Hmm, I'm just a 15 minute drive away from Santa Monica. :)
Strangely enough, I haven't heard about this particular museum.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back