Unactive Member

It used to bother me but you just learn to accept there are some things that are under your control that you just can't control.

I'll send out a big email one day and half of them will tell me to **** off and other half will try typing UNSUBSCRIBE even though I clearly state in all of my emails this is not a newsletter, your getting this message as a member of OSNN. They never read it :)

Oh, a message with unsubscribe in the subject line would be nothing. Just wait till you get the messages sent through www.spamcop.net saying your a spammer. Then you get a group of anti-spammers on your case, and have to explain things :eek:

Meh, I don't see why this would be an issue. I doubt a user acount takes up that much of the server's HDD...

Amusingly I would blacklist such emails and delete them using Mailwasher.

X-istence loves it when I mail over 39,322 people.
Might prune out those people who never activated their account and delete some banned users now actually.

I think the best solution is to split the Members list into two categories... Active Members and Inactive Members. That way those who browse the member list will quickly see who are still currently active and who are inactive.

Electronic Punk said:
I'll send out a big email one day and half of them will tell me to **** off

Hey EP have an Idea just add a line to the forum rules that states “IF you tell EP to **** off your E Mail will be posted on the site for 1 week” for all to abuse. :rolleyes:

heh,

thinking of spamcop. I had a hilarious case at work the other day.

Forwarded a spamcop rerport to a client, who later got back to us and said it was the guy himself had reported himself as a spammer :D

I did that in World of Wacraft, said my name was destroying the feel of the epic landscape and taking away my immerision into the game.

They wouldn't change it.

LordOfLA said:
heh,

thinking of spamcop. I had a hilarious case at work the other day.

Forwarded a spamcop rerport to a client, who later got back to us and said it was the guy himself had reported himself as a spammer :D

rofl, watch his email prog CCed a copy of his emails to him, so he thought spam :D That's where a few well placed jokes end up circulating around the office :laugh:

Oh, and if we take bush dogg's suggestion, can we try to get Mr. Ralsky to tell EP to f- off? That dude deserves to be spammed :eek:

http://www.detnews.com/2005/technology/0510/16/B01-349738.htm

Michigan's unapologetic king of bulk e-mail is in trouble again. This time, an FBI raid has closed what some consider one of the world's largest houses of spam.

Warrants unsealed last week revealed that agents in September seized computers, laptops, financial records and disks from the 8,000-square-foot home of Alan M. Ralsky. The $750,000 West Bloomfield mini-mansion was built off profits from the 100 million electronic offers for everything from Botox to mortgages that Ralsky sends every day.

FBI agents even took a copy of a 2002 Detroit News story that called Ralsky the "poster boy for spam."

I guess this is newer then when the Slashdot community published his email, home address (to his then mansion being built), and unlisted phone number, which sent him in a tiff about receiving a lil payback to all the spam he had been sending for like a decade or so :laugh:

Yeah, lets see if we can get him to sign up and then say this, so he can get his email published again, per bush dogg's suggestion :D ROFL

What is an "unactive" member? *wink*

I'm pretty sure that two Americans brought up the fact that it was mistyped.

Mastershakes said:
It's American for inactive.

:)

Actually, I'm an American, and one who grew up in the states, and the word useage of unactive "feels" akward to me. Doesn't seem proper English for this American... However, whatever floats someone's boat :)

hey, i didnt post for about 4 months. i would have hated it if my account was deleted. i agree with not deleting accounts.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back