Unable to Overburn

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Nick M, Jan 28, 2003.

1. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

Well, I've got an Artec 32x/something/40x CD-RW drive

I have Nero...

I am unable to burn a 702MB Video File into a 700MB CD.

So I enable overburn, I put at most, overburn to 120minutes, at it still, still says that there is not enough space on the CD.

What to do? :(
  2. ditchhopper

ditchhopper OSNN Addict

I believe your burner has to support overburn and Im not sure if yours does or not. I assume we are talking divx here cause it sounds about the size of a divx movie. If you havnt compressed it yet try winrar. Should take another 2 or 3 megs off the file size.
  3. arson_nick

arson_nick OSNN Addict

I think the media has to support it too, try some higher quality cd's.
  4. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

Thanks Guys. My burner is ****, I'm getting a 52x burner this weekend.

:( I can't stand it anymore, it won't do anything.

Wound up editing a part of my home video out, the ending credits. Dammit, it said funny things in the end :eek: :confused:
  5. Luna64

Luna64 Guest

Almost all of the new drives support overburning, but some of the old ones dont.
  6. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

Sacramento, CA
    120 minutes?!? normal cd's hold 80... what makes you think you can get 50% more on there? try 90 minutes, first. if that works, try 99. if that works, consider yourself lucky.
  7. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

Taurus, I know that. I meant I pushed it as far up as it would go ( program ) , because I got pissed off it wouldn't overburn by a minute!
  8. Indomidable

Indomidable Guest

Over Burning

Whoever said "I think your Hardware has to support it" is correct. Overburning is burning past what the "Detected" media size is. On my plextor 401240A I can overburn 99min on a 80m CD. I do recommend for quality purposes using Taiyo Yuden brand since they have tested to be the best CD media made. You can get 100 80 min CD's on a spindle for 29 (35 with S&H) from here http://store.yahoo.com/cdrplanet/tyd80sibls-600-100.html

:cool: PEACE:cool:
  9. djwhite

djwhite OSNN Senior Addict

You should be able to do this without overburning. I've got several avi's that are 703MB and they fit on 1 CD without overburning.
  10. TechSupport

TechSupport Guest

ive burned 705mb divx files to a 700mb/80min cd using nero without overburning with no problems... perhaps its software too?
  11. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

Red Sox Nation
    Almost all 80 min cdr's are actually 702 or 703 MB for data
  12. SteelFatBoy

SteelFatBoy Guest

You must burn "Disc at Once" to do an overburn cd. I believe the default setting is "track at once". Anyway, I had the same problem and this fixed it.