Unable to install windows updates

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Doxtr111, Dec 20, 2002.

1. Doxtr111

Doxtr111 Guest

Strangest thing past two weeks or so. I have XP w/sp-1 installed w/o complications, however, lately each time I download and attempt to install the last 3 critical updates, my 'puter crashes and restarts. This happens the second the updates begins installing. Any thoughts?
  2. Codasmd

Codasmd Old School XPeriencer

Los Angeles, CA.
    No thoughts just yet, but I downloaded the latest ones last night, (think there were about 4 that I had to get) and I froze on install.

So I restarted and booted right into a bsod. Tells me to check all latest drivers that were installed (which was none) and to try system recovery.

So I restored to the previous night and I'm still getting the blue screen of death when I turn the comp off.

Haven't had time to really look into a fix yet but I'm very unhappy about having this problem only after updating windows.
  3. Gus K

Gus K NTFS abuser

I for one, will no longer install anymore updates. Enough is enough.
  4. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Melbourne Australia
    Others have been having the same problem. Glad I didn't rush off & install them. Like you said.......enough is enough. Patching will never end & sometimes it kills more than protects. We are talking Microsoft though aren't we. :eek:
  5. [CpK]Bastid

[CpK]Bastid Guest

I had the same problem and this was my solution...I had turned off many services using blackvipers gaming guideline

This was the cause of my problems......so i just reverted it back to default settings and now the windows update works flawlessly.