Unable To Connect To XP-erience Chat

Discussion in 'Site Problems & Feedback' started by Nick M, Oct 20, 2002.

1. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

I can never connect, I have Java Virtual Machine and the whole pack installed, and I'm not quite sure, is it me doing something wrong, or whatever. Either way, please help. Here is a snap shot of what goes on...

2. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

If you are behind a firewall, you need to open port 113. This will allow for ident to be accessed. Also, but not absolutely sure, since jIRC doesn't haven't ident installed with it, you might need to download ident. Try the attached. Good luck.

3. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

No, usually I have BlackICE running, but not yet.

4. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

Did you have both fields filled in? Happen to me as well EP told me to make sure both fields had something in them. Lemme know if that works

5. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

Or use Mirc instead of a java applet

6. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

Yes, screen name, and full name is always filled in. Say, I put Nick M for both, and it does the same thing. Appears that I have Identd installed; look here...

7. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

Hmm, never saw that before. Take xsivforce's advice, download mIRC. It's much better the jIRC anyway.

8. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

Will do, see if I can get that to work.

Also, I'm surprised, since this is a clean windows install...

9. JJB6486

JJB6486 Retired Mod Political User

Thats the problem i keep telling [e]-Punk about using the irc.efnet.org random site resolver. It will sometimes bounce to servers that have either limit access by physical locaiton, IP mask, or even country; or limit access to only users with identd (most plain jIRC users dont have a server running identd). I think we should change the menu to only select servers that have open access lines and do not require identd, so that all users can get on.

JJB

10. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

( I think I agree with you )