Unable to communicate problem

Discussion in 'Portable Devices & Gadgets' started by danania1, Dec 31, 2006.

1. danania1

danania1 OSNN One Post Wonder

Thank you very much for the drivers; however, I have a slight problem I was hoping you guys could help me with. I have my phone connected to my PC no problem, I have mobile Phonetools installed no problem, it connects and finds my phone no problem. When I enter the Multimedia Studio and I am on the Mobile Explorer Tab the "Send to PC" and "Send to Phone" buttons are grayed out and I am not able to send my MP3s over. Also when I am on the Melody Studio tab and I try to send an MP3 over it loads properly in the bottom where I can edit it and whatnot and it also shows all the correct information on the small phone screen in the top right corner; however, when I select an MP3 and click on the "Transfer to Phone" button it sits for a second and then a small box pops up that says "Transfer in progress... Connecting" and then an error box comes up that says "Unable to communicate with the mobile phone". I was wondering if anyone had any solutions for how to correct this. I have been looking around on this forum for quite some time and could not find a way to fix this. Hopefully someone can shed some light. Thanks a lot! Happy New Year!

2. danania1

Also forgot to mention that I am using a USB cable.

3. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

I had that problem as well, I only ever fixed it by unplugging the usb cable and re-attaching it. Not sure if the situation improved past the original V3 as I moved over to a different phone after a year of the v3.

4. Vanquished

Vanquished Mr. Bananagrabber Political User

Ha, same deal, switched to the smt5600, and love it :)
    All i can remember doing is unplugging it/replugging it. Maybe also shutting the computer down, with the plug out, then plugging it in. I remember it was a real pain to get the found new hardware thing back, after you cancel it, but i think this is all you can do.

Maybe the program is faulty?
    Or the phone.
    I just had this problem with my old mp3 player, lost everything on it, and i had to reformat the dang thing... :(

5. danania1

Unplugging it and replugging it back in didn't work, neither did restarting. No matter what I do it continues to stay unable to communicate. The drivers have all been installed and everything installed successfully when the Found New Hardware wizard popped up. I ordered a bluetooth adapter so hopefully I can get it connected properly wirelessly. Thanks for the help.

6. Vanquished

Vanquished Mr. Bananagrabber Political User

Sorry, wish i could have helped more.