Ultra Quiet Keyboard

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by NegativeFactor, Sep 21, 2002.

1. Anyone know of any really quiet keyboards, so when i type you get minimal sound? I'm keeping the girlfriend up you see.
  2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Melbourne Australia
    She should be thankful it isn't an old typewriter. clack clack clack
  3. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

I really don't know much about that, but, if you type slower, and press gently on they keys, it won't sound that loud.
  4. dave holbon

dave holbon Moderator

London England
    Select the cheapest keyboard you can find anywhere.

I prefer "click" keys on my keyboard as they remind me I've actually done something but these are getting harder to find.
  5. lol, i'm sure she'd appreciate that all night!! It'd be like Murder She Wrote.

I try typing slower and softer, infact I am now, but it's hard!
  6. jasonb

jasonb Guest

Find a keyboard that has the rubber spill-cover on it. I have one and it doesn't make any loud noise
  7. mbunny

mbunny Guest

8. Edgar

Edgar Guest

My Trust keyboard (310 KD) is very silent, but if you type in the same room as your girlie sleeps, i would recommend an industrial keyboard which uses electronic sensors to register typing letters. Sound is then only the thumping of your fingers....

Awesome sex always also is a great help to get her into sleep though.....So keep up the pace, bro'.
  9. DFX

DFX OSNN Senior Addict

Turn your computer off and jump into bed with the gyal. What you doing up all night when you got someone waiting for you in bed?
  10. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

Logitech are pretty quiet...

There are som industrial type keboards made of rubber. Foldable and washable. I think they are pretty quiet since they don't have normal switch-type buttons.

Flexboard Office