UK ISP Advice

eclipse is Kingston telecom. Not a great provider...
Yep, however for those of us stuck without Cable or an LLU operator (Be/o2, Sky) in our area, we're pretty much stuck with nothing but shit providers, or ridiculously high prices.

Don't know if its been mentioned yet but avoid Sky for broadband, sure the prices look great, and the website will happily tell you that you can get the high speed cheap stuff when you're placing your order but in actuality they'll stiff you with the chitty 2meg £17/m stuff.

I've ended up sticking with my Be* stuff as they are £1 more than what Sky said they could give me and offer 22mbps more potential speed.

I thought it was daft moving from Be anyway. I'm only holding out to see how this 50meg cable works out..

It's £47/month. I will be getting it. I'm holding out to see how it pans out. Docsis 3 is supposed to relieve most of the isses with EuroDocsis 1.0/1.1/2.0 that it uses at the moment.

roughly what they charged for 10meg when it was out, don't think i will be able to afford it :(

As already mentioned I am resticted to what type of ISP (no cable, no O2 etc) so at the moment it looks like it will be eclipse for me :S fingers crossed there! Just requested my MAC number from tesco though they cam 3-5 days to produce it, because of all this I guess in around two weeks I will have a shiny new ISP to moan about :) Thanks all

cheap broadband

Hi all

Its that time of year again, time to change ISPs.

Currently I am with Tesco who use Ntl this means I get no filtering, unlimited downloads and newsgroups (should I be bothered to use them :) ) but all I get is 1meg line for £20pm which to me is not particularly cheap...

What other ISP would you recommend ? I would like unlimited downloads (or something high like 40gb) with the least obtrusive fair use policy possible, and obviously the highest speed connection possible.

I look forward to your opinions :)

PS It has to be DSL unfortunately SKY or cable is not available in my area.

hello friend
yes it's the time to change internet service provider , so I've already changed my ISP provider . At present I'm using the this service can you check this and let me know tat ... can i find more cheaper than this.
http://www.broadband-uk-providers.com

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back